Few simple questions

JohnnyG1973

Just a few quick questions for anyone who may be bored. I have TRS2006 with the update.

>As I download content I notice some buildings are offered "normal" and "low-res". If I place both on my route I cannot tell the difference at all. Are the low-resolution buildings and other content really any different? Will using low-res content improve gameplay when my train is rolling through a small town?

>Is there any way I can control a turn-table with AI?

>Is there any way available to use the driver repeat command in a more detailed way? ie---have the driver repeat some (not all) the commands or repeat a specified number of times and then move on to another set of commands.

>Does AI mean Anti-Inteligence because I think it should sometimes. Often it takes quite an elaborate system of track markers, timers, signals, commands, and track direction to coax a driver to get the job done. I have even found that train speed and different engines can cause different behavior. If I knew how I would invent CS (common sense)

Thanks, JohnnyG

Just a few quick questions for anyone who may be bored. I have TRS2006 with the update.

>As I download content I notice some buildings are offered "normal" and "low-res". If I place both on my route I cannot tell the difference at all. Are the low-resolution buildings and other content really any different? Will using low-res content improve gameplay when my train is rolling through a small town?

>Is there any way I can control a turn-table with AI?

>Is there any way available to use the driver repeat command in a more detailed way? ie---have the driver repeat some (not all) the commands or repeat a specified number of times and then move on to another set of commands.

>Does AI mean Anti-Inteligence because I think it should sometimes. Often it takes quite an elaborate system of track markers, timers, signals, commands, and track direction to coax a driver to get the job done. I have even found that train speed and different engines can cause different behavior. If I knew how I would invent CS (common sense)

Thanks, JohnnyG

Hi JohnnyG,

1. The low res buildings are for use on a lower spec computer or for use at a distance from the track where you do not need high detail.

2. Yes there are two turntable control commands at least (maybe more now), and there is a small layout which demonstrates the use of one set of commands.

3. Short answer NO. You can repeat all commands or none.

4. AI is meant to mean artificial intelligence, but I think anti intelligence might be a better description sometimes. Yes you need lots of commands, lots of trackmarks and signaling to get the AI drivers to do what you want. The more complicated the movements the more commands you need, the main thing being to stop them taking the wrong route.

Hope this helps,
Bill69

Back