Environment loading, please wait

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
Build 96000: 'Environment loading, please wait' does not complete in a timely manner. I have not waited for substantial amounts of time but I have been waiting for Edit: 80 minutes now and will let it run for an hour or two if necessary. Up until today I just went ahead and did what I wanted to do and ignored the 'please wait'. Is this going to break something?

I'm not sure when this started but suspect it was when I downloaded the most recent batch of DLC content (Fall Harvest & etc.). Edit: I also imported a route and session from TANE and downloaded a route and several sessions from the DLS, not sure if that's relevant.

Any suggestions? Corroboration?

Last edited:
I have, on the odd occasion, disregarded the "Please wait ..." by selecting one of the main menu options and have not noticed any ill effects. I suspect that it may just be loading in the "pretty picture of nice locomotive" and its layers effects.

Check the status of Trs19 Main Menu in CM. Perhaps something you’ve downloaded is conflicting with the route?

Also check the logs - Show Logs in the developer menu. If the log is busy streaming upwards with info, let it finish before doing other things, otherwise, routes will take forever to load.

Thank you for your responses. Note that this occurs upon starting the game.

I waited for 100 minutes and never got a response and then moved on to what I was trying to do. Game seemed normally responsive.

@Tony, I checked the TRS19 Main Menu asset in the CM. It seemed fine and, when I opened for Preview, it looked normal. Perhaps an issue with choosing a locomotive to display?

@John, I cleared the logs and shut down and restarted the game, relevant log entries below;

Code:
; <NULL> TrainzDRMClient::PerformPlanetAuranLogin> cache login successful, setting session cookie
! <NULL> FontManager> Unknown font label 'hud_digital'
? <kuid:30501:1010> Loading asset <kuid:30501:1010>
; <kuid:30501:1010> Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
; <kuid:30501:1017> Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
; <kuid:30501:1020> Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
? <NULL> ScriptableObject::CallScriptInit> <kuid:30501:1010>
; <NULL> GSRouter::Done(), 4 outstanding node(s)
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file F:/N3VGames/TRS2019L/cache/internet/i4vya2g37.php to F:/N3VGames/TRS2019L/cache/thumbnails/kuid 408563 100001-2-0-394.jpg (err 0x00000050)

<kuid:30501:1010> Multiplayer Lobby Library, Type - Misc, Status - Base, Author - Auran, Installation Date - 16-AUG-2018 (game installation date), Modification Date - '-', Build Version - 3.3

Last edited:
The first message is normal, the other about copying something to a temp file is odd but I can't explain it and I've seen that myself. The messages about the multiplayer can be ignored according to Windwalkr.

What I was referring to are long, long periods of validating content. This can go on for "some time" until the validation is done before routes load or content appears in content manager. I've noticed that this usually occurs when new content is installed from third-party sources and when DLC is downloaded. When this happens, I go off and do something else for about 30 minutes or so until it completes.

Whatever your system was doing completed and everything works.

Whatever your system was doing completed and everything works.

Well except for the "Environment loading please wait" thing.

I assume that there was no validating since there are no log entries.

Last edited:
Well except for the "Environment loading please wait" thing.

I assume that there was no validating since there are no log entries.

That would be correct. There's something else going on that is taking some time to complete but it's not recorded as an event. Maybe it's just loading data from disk and taking its time. My bigger routes, for example, take quite some time to load compared to other smaller ones.

That would be correct. There's something else going on that is taking some time to complete but it's not recorded as an event. Maybe it's just loading data from disk and taking its time. My bigger routes, for example, take quite some time to load compared to other smaller ones.

I'm not loading anything, I click on start in the splash and then, without doing anything it sits there Environment loading. I can, apparently, go straight into route select, rolling stock review, etc without delay. If it isn't going to cause any issues I'll just ignore it.

My guess remains that the game is having trouble figuring out what locomotive to display or that one or more candidate locomotives are giving the game problems.

Interesting, after this mornings downloads the Environment actually loaded. After a bit of head scratching I came to the conclusion that it still appears to have to do with which engine is displayed in the Main Menu screen.

OK further exploration leads to this conclusion; If you have a defective locomotive, in this case <kuid:45651:55> Clinchfield RF-16 900 and <kuid:45651:56> Clinchfield RF-16 901 by landrvr1 which, while fine in TANESP3 have a defective interior in TRS19, this will cause all sorts of problem for the display process affecting not only this locomotive but all locomotives. My guess is an error handling problem in the game. Deleting the defective locomotives solved the issue but bodes ill for importing my entire locomotive roster.

Last edited:
This is a critical bug that needs to be reported. No asset should prevent the program from loading.

This is a critical bug that needs to be reported. No asset should prevent the program from loading.

This problem only affects the environmental splash screen on the Main Menu page right side. It does not appear to affect the game play at all. It does affect display of all locomotives in the My Collection locomotive selection section. I do not know if it will impact the rolling stock display.

This problem only affects the environmental splash screen on the Main Menu page right side. It does not appear to affect the game play at all. It does affect display of all locomotives in the My Collection locomotive selection section. I do not know if it will impact the rolling stock display.

I would still report the bug because it affects how the program operates even if it's only the splash screen.

Back