Dumb environmental sound question, can't turn it off.

livingsteam

When I pause Trainz 2022 PE, it plays these annoying environmental sounds.

Going into Settings --> Sound Settings and unchecking either or both of "Play sound in menus" and "Enable 3D Sound Effects" has no effect.

I even went into the Trainz docs and searched for sound and was really surprised to get no matches. I searched for text I knew was there and it worked so 🤷‍♂️

How do I turn off this annoying sound? I tend to leave Trainz paused for long periods while I'm doing other stuff and need to be able to turn this off.

Thanks. I will try rebooting at some point to eliminate weirdness, unless anyone has a solution. I can't reboot right now too much going on.

The sounds should be silent when paused. That's weird. It works fine in PLUS and should work the same in PE. In the olden days, Surveyor was a noisy place to build in with lots of noises from industry, hidden ambient sounds, etc. Oh, those ambient sounds are painful critters to find. I ended up spending hours hunting for barking dogs that could be heard for miles and a coughing child that sounded like he was ripping out a lung from a few miles away.

Today, with everything paused it's a quiet place to work.

Yeah let me reboot and see what happens.

If it makes any difference, I'm sometimes running T:ANE and Trainz 2022 PE at the same time, I figured out I could drive two routes at the same time that way.
I might buy the TRS19 European Edition for $4.20 on Steam (til August 12, includes base game and two Euro routes: Niddertalbahn and Lake Sebino.
Then I could drive three games at once 🤣

Anyway I'll report back after some rebooting tomorrow, thanks.

I haven't even rebooted, just shut down both versions of Trainz, re-launched 2022PE.
Now when I pause or use Surveyor, I don't have the background sounds.
I know it's not my T:ANE version because its background sounds sound like European trains to me, the 2022PE trains sound like US freights to me.

Just in case you think I'm crazy LOL or you have 3 minutes to waste, here's a video I made showing a tunnel portal that looked wonky until I went into Surveyor.
Point of the video is at the start point around 2:05 you can see I'm in Surveyor 2.0 and I have this annoying sounds.
Also you can hear the sound at the beginning when I'm paused.

So thanks and no help needed at this point, just some weirdness that went away.

Back