desperately needing help on new asset

jytte

route builder
Somebody, please help me :'(

I seem to be going round in circles and getting nowhere on this.

I need to load/unload sugar beets. To load I'm using the "multiple industry new", no problem there, I can add the "sugar beets bulk" (kuid:69104:20012) to the queue. Finding a hopper to load it into was another matter. The only little hopper that I could find that would allow me to choose the beets as load was "BR freight car" (pikkabird), only I need to have a danish text on it and I can't change someone else's asset.

So I tried to make my own using the paintshed template "Faos". Get a nice looking hopper with the text I need, but it does not give you the option of beets. So I started to look into editing the asset to accept the beets.

(this is my first try at making an asset, so I'm fumbling around here)

I went into CCP and added the beets:
CCPpic.jpg

And then I had a hopper that looks right and works like a charm in my layout, loads just fine and everything works.
Unfortunately, I also have a faulty asset, that I cannot upload to DLS, which makes it pretty useless when I go to upload the route eventually.

When I tried to upload it, I got it denied with the message:
The addition of your content file xjc_HOPPER_de_danske_sukkerfabrikker.cdp has failed due to the following reasons:

- : The tag ';' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'smoke0')
- : The tag ';' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'smoke1')

I tried to remove the offensive lines from the config.txt file, but that didn't make the asset any less faulty, so I dropped that line of attack.

Back to the thinkingbox. I made a new hopper from scratch again in paintshed. Then I tried to edit the config.txt file directly instead, adding the beets (kuid:69104:20012) instead of the coal that was originally there

so the entire config.txt file now looks like this:

company "DSB"
origin "DK - DENMARK"
category-class "XHB"
product-id "paintshed"
product-version 1.4
product-type "reskin"
trainz-build 1.5
bogey 100063
engine 0
mass 21200
kind "traincar"
enginespec <kuid:-1:42004201>
script "Hopper"
class "Hopper"
soundscript {
door_close {
trigger "door_close"
nostartdelay 1
repeat-delay 1
distance 5,170
sound {
coupling_1.wav
}
}
}
mesh-table {
default {
mesh "faoos_body/faoos_body.pm"
auto-create 1
}
shadow {
mesh "faoos_shadow/faoos_shadow.pm"
}
load {
mesh "faoos_body/load/load.pm"
anim "faoos_body/load/load.kin"
auto-create 1
use-parent-bounds 1
effects {
product-texture {
kind "texture-replacement"
texture "load_map.texture"
}
}
}
}
queues {
load0 {
size 54300
initial-count 0
animated-mesh "load"
product-kuid <kuid:69104:20012> [all I did was change the kuid here]
allowed-categories {
0 <kuid:-3:10040>
}
}
}
smoke0 {
; "vehicle unload"
particle "effect"
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx0"
mode "time"
color 0,0,0,250
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}
smoke1 {
; "vehicle unload"
particle "effect"
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx1"
mode "time"
color 0,0,0,250
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}
name-fr "faoos"
description-fr "Faoos Mineral Hopper

length: 12.04m
width: 3.73m
height: 3.81m
bogie wheel bogie pivot centres: 8.03m"
name-nl "faoos"
description-nl "Faoos Mineral Hopper

bogie wheelbase: 1.55m
bogie pivot centres: 8.03m"
name-cz "faoos"
description-cz "Faoos Mineral Hopper

name-es "faoos"
description-es "Faoos Mineral Hopper

name-ru "faoos"
description-ru "Faoos вагон-хоппер длÑ? руды

длина: 12.04 м
ширина: 3.73 м
выÑ?ота: 3.81 м
колеÑ?наÑ? база тележки: 1.55 м
раÑ?Ñ?тоÑ?ние между оÑ?Ñ?ми тележки: 8.03 м"
username "xjc HOPPER De Danske Sukkerfabrikker"
description "paintshed skin"
asset-filename "faoos"
category-region-0 "DK"
name "xjc HOPPER De Danske Sukkerfabrikker"
category-era-0 "1950"
alias <kuid:-10:203>
kuid <kuid:386158:1121>
paintshed-template-used <kuid:-13:168002>
paintshed-skin-used <kuid:-13:168000>
thumbnails {
0 {
image "screenshot.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}

}

so, now I have a hopper which seemingly will allow me to load beets, but alas, when I go to test it, I get this errormessage in driver:

hoperr.jpg

and the program stalls.

I'm at a loss now, don't know where to turn next :eek:

Can somebody please help me??

smoke0 {
; "vehicle unload"
particle "effect"
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx0"
mode "time"
color 0,0,0,250
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}
smoke1 {
; "vehicle unload"
particle "effect"
attachment "a.unload_bottom_pfx1"
mode "time"
color 0,0,0,250
rate 8
velocity 2
lifetime 2
minsize 1
maxsize 4
enabled 0
}

i belive you need to get rid of the two lines that say:
; "vehicle unload"

see if that works

Just tried that, unfortunately it doesn't make any difference, I still have a faulty asset. waaaaaa

I'm also puzzled by the fact that TRS2006 comes with templates that are made for 2004 and already has a ton of errormessages before one even touches them. How is one supposed to work with them then??
Sorry for the grumpiness, I'm just SO frustrated.

I just had a look at "#54'GN_Hopper(LARS)" (kuid:64038:15533400) from jkeenan. It is NOT faulty and has the exact same lines (smoke) in the config.txt file that seem to be so offensive to DLS. I just don't understand anything :eek:

I just had a look at "#54'GN_Hopper(LARS)" (kuid:64038:15533400) from jkeenan. It is NOT faulty and has the exact same lines (smoke) in the config.txt file that seem to be so offensive to DLS. I just don't understand anything :eek:
You probably haven't let CCP loose on it yet, if you do it will break in the same way. Never, ever use CCP unless you know enough about Trainz to repair the assets afterwards.

Paul

I tried to change the load to "sugar beets (wet pulp)" instead of "bulk" and lo and behold it works.
So now I have a NON-faulty asset that actually works in the layout
yahoo.gif

Only question remaining is whether it will upload to DLS, I guess I'll know by tomorrow.

I still don't know what this was all about, but thanks so much for your help anyway. I learned something here, especially to stay FAR away from CCP!

Happy camper now,

Jytte

Thank you so much, just downloaded, I'm sure I'll learn something here.

I have another question to this "faulty" issue though:

At the moment my route has a number of faulty dependencies, causing my route itself to show "faulty". That's annoying. But the faulty assets are all someone else's. I guess I could just not use faulty asssets, but for one thing I don't know untill I've actually added them to my layout, and then spot it in CMP, and there'd be a nasty limitation on the stuff available.

What do I do then? I cannot fix errors on somebody else's assets, can I? and If I can, locally, what happens then when I upload my route? Whomever downloads my route is going to have all the faulty assets (unfixed) as well, and my route will be "faulty" for them, thus my work was for nothing.

What do other people do???

Hi jytte,

My guess is the original load you tried did not match;

allowed-categories {
0 <kuid:-3:10040>
}

you would have to find what category sugar beets <kuid:69104:20012>

is under and add that to the config.txt
Edit: Opps downloaded 69104:20012 and it is listed as <kuid:-3:10040> , sorry about that!
The other possibility is 69104:20012 is an 'invisible' load and has no image file to display in the wagon and the error message is caused by that.

Lindsay

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Lindsay.

I gave up on figuring out why though. As long as it works with sugarbeets, I really don't care which kind, he he, they all look the same in Trainz. I'm glad I thought of trying another beet, cause I was getting a couple of extra grey hairs there.

I'd still like to know what people do, when their route is "faulty" because of broken assets (when it's not one's own assets)???

Anybody?

In the first instance, all CMP is trying to tell you is to remove the ";" from the smoke containers in the config file. You need not remove the whole line, just the semi colon that should not be there.

Back