Deleting Missing Dependencies?

ApproachMedium

Youtube dude
I thought that there was a way to simply delete all missing dependencies from a route but I can't seem to find that option in Content Manager. Is there an easy way to remove all missing KUID's from a route?

-Joe

You may not notice any changes while in Surveyor. After deleting missing assets, go into Content Manager and check the relevant route dependencies. There should be none missing. If there is, do the delete operation again. Sometimes I find that all but 1 or 2 assets have been deleted (in TS2010, very rare but it does happen). This is the reason for checking in Content Manager.

Hoipe this helps,
Ken

Yeah it's crazy because I've done that several times now and I've still got about 600 assets missing.

I've gone in to surveyor and selected the option, saved and went into content manager and nothing has changed. I'm kind of at a loss as to why it's not working.

-Joe

Ken - which build are you using? For certain versions, you need to unlock the route layer before using that command.

Shane

In TS12 SP1 and above you will also need to do it in edit session on a blank session.

YES! This works.

I initially got one of those read-only errors so it didn't work. I then did the process a second time, having to go in relock the route so the prompt comes up about needing to unlock the route. Waited a few seconds longer then saved with overwrite existing (blank) session.

John

Updated to 61388 and now the game just crashes after I delete the missing assets. It'll do the deed then ask me if I'd like to save or clone the route and it doesn't matter which I pick, I get a crash right away. Any other ideas?

-Joe

Updated to 61388 and now the game just crashes after I delete the missing assets. It'll do the deed then ask me if I'd like to save or clone the route and it doesn't matter which I pick, I get a crash right away. Any other ideas?

-Joe

Hi Joe,

You might have something else going on. Try running a quick database repair then giving it a try in Content Manager. Remember to check for faulty assets when done. These are not faulty, usually, and all you do is view the errors and warning, which will clear them.

John

Back