config spelling

baz66

Somewhere on the web I noticed a tutorial about misspelled word in parts of some assets. One in particular was the wording "colour" and should be color. There were others too so I would like to read it again. Trouble is I can't find the tutorial.Anybody Know?By the way,my moneys on the bloke who wants his laptop paid for.Great reply to a thread.I never have any probs with downloads that I don't cause myself.You see, my name is Murphy and if anything can go wrong, it will at the worst possible time:D
BAZ66

Baz66,

It should be colour when it's used as a keyword. If it's in a filename etc then don't change it. If it's in a description etc then it doesn't matter.

Other correct keyword spellings include [FONT=&quot]behavior and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]independant (yes, independant must be spelt incorrectly when it's a keyword).

A couple of other keyword things to watch out for (these are the correct versions):
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]kuid-table {
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]obsolete-table {[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](each with a hyphens and a space, and a closing curly bracket after the items)

If you find "utc" as a parameter of a [/FONT]trainz-build tag, it should be corrected to 1.5 (without quotes).

After making any corrections to config.txt files, delete the dispatcher chump file.
[FONT=&quot]
Bear in mind that if you make any corrections (including allowing Trainz Objectz or any other program to make automatic corrections) then the asset's creator can quite reasonably refuse to help you should you run into difficulties of your own making.

HTH, John
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bear in mind that if you make any corrections (including allowing Trainz Objectz or any other program to make automatic corrections) then the asset's creator can quite reasonably refuse to help you should you run into difficulties of your own making.[/FONT]

For which reason a back-up is a good idea (amongst all of the other reasons for doing so).

BidMod

Thanks fellas. Does this misspelling only happen in the config files? also what happens when other files are missing?Is it better to scrub and DL again.One item that causes me to ask this is container skel.Doesn't seem to work at all>(forgot to look up Kuid number sorry)

I've had to change a ton of instances of caregory --> category and organization --> organisation.

Bob
A long time ago I got told that "organisation" doesn't matter with TRS2004 as it doesn't use that tag, and Trainz Objectz only uses it if you want to sort its display list of assets by it. Things might be different in TRS2006 though.

John

Is it better to scrub and DL again.
In almost every case the problem is in the files uploaded by the content creator, and downloading again will just give you an identical copy with the same mistakes. Better to contact the creator if possible (politely of course).

John

If you have a misspelled word as a key word in a config.txt it will give an error, TRS6's CMP will show it and all older Trainz will ignore it.

Back