Can't find config txt

pn6

Trainz Builder
So I bought Trainz 2019 through Steam and unlike any of the previous builds that I bought directly, I can't find the Config.txt file! After years of enjoyment with TRS2010 and all the tweaking I could do to it I can't seem to get my head around this Steam version of 2019. Right now I want to find out why I have almost no vehicle traffic on my streets and of course when I get that working I want to add some of my favorites to the streets. I'm assuming the Config.txt file still works basically the same if I could just find the darn thing?

Thanks
Paul

In Content Manager, right click an asset, select "open for edit" and edit config will be one of the options.
Region can be changed in environment settings in Surveyor and there is no longer a Trainz options text file since TANE

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. So where do I get the traffic to increase? Route or Session? I'm basically building it all in the session but I don't remember what triggers the cars. I've done the region change and toggle the traffic on in the environment settings. I have one road with no intersections at either end that has a car or two but the rest of the streets are empty.......

Thanks for the info. So where do I get the traffic to increase? Route or Session? I'm basically building it all in the session but I don't remember what triggers the cars. I've done the region change and toggle the traffic on in the environment settings. I have one road with no intersections at either end that has a car or two but the rest of the streets are empty.......

There doesn't appear to be any line in the regions any longer. This is now, and has been for a while, taken care of in the roads. For more vehicles and faster ones too, look for carrate and traffic-speed.

carrate 0
traffic-speed 10

carrate The game waits between 1 and 3 times this value (in seconds) between generating traffic on this road. A value of zero (0) means zero traffic.

traffic-speed Defines the carz speed limit of the road in meters per second. Carz currently travel at up to 80%-110% (depending on the car) of the speed limit, except when overtaking. This tag does not relate to trains in any way.

KIND Track - TrainzOnline (ts2009.com)

Back