Canadian Pacific 2816

Cobra1996

Imagination At Work
If I'm not mistaken, this particular topic about making CP 2816 for Trainz was looked at before.

But with the recent news that 2816 has returned to steam following the CP and KCS merge, I can't help but wonder if anyone has thought about making an accurate version of 2816 if they haven't already.

I converted the MSTS model to Trainz. It's an imperfect process with a few workarounds.

I've been checking around as to copyrights. CP does not claim any, nor does the collection from which it was donated to by the original author.

It would seem all of the Hudsons which were converted to Trainz were by the same author who is no longer reachable.

I still do not have LODs for this model.

I did see that. I've seen MSTS conversions for Railworks, now Train Simulator Classic, but that was a second I've seen a MSTS to Trainz conversion.

Though you do have a point about copyright. Can't take a risk after all.

I did see that. I've seen MSTS conversions for Railworks, now Train Simulator Classic, but that was a second I've seen a MSTS to Trainz conversion.

Though you do have a point about copyright. Can't take a risk after all.
I wish I could, it's a beautiful model. It's mostly functional, but I still have some work to do on the drains, injectors and some sounds. The valve gear fits well and the timing is good, although the piston rod is not connected. The brakes look good, but the animations for brake application need work. The bell rings and the horn sounds the "Oh Canada" chime from the 2860 Royal Hudson.

That would be a problem. That is, unless there's an Empress accurate whistle, and from my understanding, the real 2816 has two.

In any case, don't feel like you need to rush.

A fellow Trainz Forge member is currently working on a model of CP 2816. I don't know when it will be done but it is currently in progress by an active member. (Not my screenshot, credit to AceRaziel)

image.png

Correct, it will be fully PBR'd and fully featured I'm taking advantage of all Trainz has to offer to make this the best model it can be. It's taken some time to get a lot of the details right (not to mention other projects getting in the way), but I'm onto the cab now and then the head end equipment will follow. Here's a few other photos of the engine.
2023-04-25_235003.jpg
image.png

Well, for now there is one on the DLS by NOT_DOS_Player. No tender though but you could use the Royal Hudson one from Ben Neal's site. I think it was mislabled a Pacific. It's not as good as the one above. That one looks K&L or Greencoast Studios quality, but if it's Trainz Forge it's probably trainboi1 who also does very good detailed steam locomotive models for free. Most K&L and Greencoast ones are payware. Greencoast Studios recently reopened their site. 2816 did some test runs on the main but doesn't do its tour to Mexico City until next April. Only CPKC crew members will ride the train between stops for the public to view it. Hopefully, 2816 will operate public excursions somewhere in the future.

There is a public 2816 model on Subpar Steamerz, however, you need to edit the config text and delete everything related to lilbloco, otherwise there will be a property refresh error

Back