Brisbane CityTrain Thread

Sorry, but it's not CityRail, that's Sydney.
This is Brisbane, and it's QR City Train. Just a slight correction.
Scottling.

Thankyou all for your kind comments, your suggestions and constructive criticism are more than welcome too. I know I know the area (that's why I'm building it), but even I need help here and there.

Just one shot today.

Milton station, viewed from the eastern end. The 1250 metres is the distance from Roma Street.

Progress so far:

Roma Street wye approaching completion
Still have to electrify western end
that's about it. It's coming slowly, but coming none the less:D

I have not gone north of Central as yet, but I am working slowly towards South Brisbane and Milton. I have started work on the northern bit of Roma Street, Platform 10 done. Still electrifying some of it. Screenshots to come, I have been a bit sidetracked (Combat Flight Simulator mostly, it's too addictive) and I really have to get back on TRS2006 now to get more work done.
Just personally I am not looking forward to constructing Mayne Yard. I have no DEM's, no construction aids, just Google Earth and Nearmap. I would ask for your help but it really isn't necessary. I will get it done somehow, I'm sure. Even if it does turn out to be a whole bunch of tracks that don't look prototypical.

if you go on QR there is plans of the whole network that is avalable to see that includes the mayne yard and all the distances

Cricketstar.
I want to make this very clear without offending you by selecting my words very carefully.
I started this route about a month ago. As yet I have built about three kilometres of track. I have a very good eye for detail and I want my work to be of exceptional quality for the pleasure of those who download it.
However, because of my attenton to detail, I often fall behind in the speed of construction. An amateur who doesn't really want it to look that real, but still realish, would be half finished by this point. The section of trackage I am working on at this point includes:
The main line from Park Road to Northgate
The Exhibition Circuit
Mayne Yard (gulp):hehe:
Airport Branch
Pinkenba Branch

I don't want to put a time limit on this, but certainly not before June 2010. There is a lot of trackage in this relatively small section. I am still looking at 20km minimum, and it has taken me a month for 3km. You do the maths.

Please understand that pestering content creators about releasing their work can sometimes put them off working on it and/or releasing it. Please have patience and enjoy the screenshots. I assure you I am working as fast as I can while still making it look good.

Thankyou for your understanding,
Scottling.

On a lighter note, I have another progress shot:

Roma Street Motorail depot and catering dock. Platform 10 in the background.

scotling i actually wasnt askin you but i was asking DaSmith 75
My Routes aren't ready to be released on the download station for a while. I may get you some screenshots soon - That is of course if Scottling doesn't mind me adding some screenshots of my work.

Last edited:
Absolutely, go ahead, post your screenshots. You must be getting tired of mine by now!:hehe:
And sorry about that cricketstar, I just assumed you were asking me. But just remember what I said there, pestering creators = slower creating.

I am going away on holiday for a week and a bit to the sunshine coast on January 8th. I will see if I can get you a couple of screenshots from Bowen Hills to Windsor before then. :)

Back