Brisbane CityTrain Thread

What I could do is put a portal just north of Nambour and that can represent the entire North Coast Main Line, that is Gympie, Rockhampton and Cairns. And anyway, I don't think they run very many Gympie services at all, because it's something like 200km from Central, and it'd take them six hours for a round trip! I'm sorry, but Nambour remains my limit.

Pictures coming sooooooooon-ish:hehe: , just need some final adjustments to Roma Street Station, then start on the west yard (shock, horror!)

Apologies for the delay,
Scottling.

P.S. I could just be holding onto the pics for dramatic emphasis, so you can ask yourself "Hmmm, I wonder what it will look like?":)

With your earlier comment on "QR ICE's", they're actually Tilt Trains, but let's not get technical. You know, if someone could reskin the Class 390 Pendolino from DLS into QR colours, that would look sooooo good on this route (or any QR route for that matter)

With your earlier comment on "QR ICE's", they're actually Tilt Trains, but let's not get technical. You know, if someone could reskin the Class 390 Pendolino from DLS into QR colours, that would look sooooo good on this route (or any QR route for that matter)

I actually meant the proper ICE's

So did I, as in the second class of CityTrain to be built. The ones that the Tilt Train actually made obsolete, manufactured between 1988 and 1989 by Walkers, and that run as 4 to 6 car sets. Also being the only class of CityTrain to have a pantograph on the same carriage that the driver drives from.

Haha. Sorry. Got a bit carried away.
Mitch
________
ONE VAPORIZER

Last edited:
Ooookay, I did not know about these. Oh wait, now I remember, gee, I was thinking ICE as in the German one, and thinking Tilt Train straight away. But you're talking about the other thing, that hasn't been around for yonks!:confused:

And thanks for the photos, Mitchey! I would prefer aerial shots, because they show you more the direction the tracks go. Thanks for the offer, though!;)

I really must get building now, I have been playing my Combat Flight Simulator 3 for the past week, and haven't been building! Naughty me, I shouldn't be flying Messerschmitts anyway.

Here, I just took some shots of Roma Street Station as it stands.

Standing on Platform 10, looking across the station.

An overhead view of the eastern switches. Confusing enough for you?:hehe:

At the western end of the station, in front of Platform 5 & 6.

More shot coming, stay tuned!;)

Thankyou DaSmith75. I'm impressed with it myself. I spent nearly two hours getting the tracks lined up, flicking back and forth between Google Maps and Trainz. I am now getting finished up towards the Countess Street bridges, just the catenary to go. This is going to be fun!:D

Shots will come as soon as I finish the catenary. Better give me another two hours! :hehe:

Here I am again, true to my word! New progress shots:

Looking west where the XPT tracks merge with the CityTrain system west of Roma Street.

An SMU goes out on the RNA wye, while the afternoon Manly service passes the inbound XPT at Countess Street.

Enjoy the shots!:)

thanks cricketstar.

Progress Report

Trackwork completed to Merivale Bridge, and almost at Milton (I had a baseboard spare, so decided to go on to Milton.) Measurements, I'm afraid, are as per typical, way off. I gave myself too much room on the western end of Roma Street, so consequently Milton is visible from where the Gold Coast line branches off towards South Brisbane, even with the 1.25 km distance from Roma Street to Milton measured out.

Aside from that, progress is good. Hope to post more shots soooon.

A shot of a very busy morning at Roma Street Station (so much detail, framerates down to about 2/second:( )

XPT on the Interstate Platform, with the suburbans in full go mode.
Gold Coast express on Platform 4 (the platform up against the wall)
Early morning Ipswich service Platform 5
Ferny Grove service pulling into Platform 6
Finally, just viewable, first Caboolture train Platform 8.

Starting to electrify the western end and construct the northern bit.

I got it from a website, I can't remember the name of it though. PM Williamg, it's his site, so he'll tell you.
Freeware, by the way.

If I ever find the website, you click on the download link in the website, then a window should pop up saying "Do you want to open or save this file" or something, and then on clicking Open, another window opens saying "Time Remaining - _ min _sec"

It may be in a compressed folder, so open that, and CMP will say "Installed asset kuid------"then click "View in main menu".

From here, select all the icons, then right click the selection, go to Edit > Commit. Et voila, your SMU.

Scottling

I must say your progress is great! I look forward to the finished product as I have been longing for an accurate rendition of the CityRail network! :)

Good luck and keep going! ;)

Back