ATSF SD45 Glitched

Ensure that nothing is open for edit, and try again. If that doesn't work, you need to do a EDBR or Extended Database Repair. Hold down the CTRL key while clicking on Repair database.

The process may or may not fix your issues. You will still need to check for faulty assets afterwards.

If the issue isn't repaired, you may need to reinstall.

Ensure that nothing is open for edit, and try again. If that doesn't work, you need to do a EDBR or Extended Database Repair. Hold down the CTRL key while clicking on Repair database.

The process may or may not fix your issues. You will still need to check for faulty assets afterwards.

If the issue isn't repaired, you may need to reinstall.
I’m hesitant to reinstall since I’m not exactly sure on how to save/get my content back without losing hours worth of DLS content.

I’m hesitant to reinstall since I’m not exactly sure on how to save/get my content back without losing hours worth of DLS content.

You won't lose anything. In your broken install, click on the Launcher and Trainz settings. Click on the Install tab to display the build-folder that version uses. Jot down the name so you know what it's called. - this is the one with the word build followed by a bunch of numbers and letters.

When you reinstall, TRS19 will automatically create a new data folder, aka a build folder.

Once installed, open Trainz settings on the Launcher.
Click on Install tab
Click on the ... to open up a Windows Explorer window.
Browse for your previous build folder.
Click Select.

A quick process of updating tables will occur and you'll need to restart TRS19 again.
Close the Launcher and start up.

If all goes well, you'll see all of your previously installed content in Content Manager.

If this doesn't work as expected, meaning you still have that locomotive issue, there's another process we can try.

You won't lose anything. In your broken install, click on the Launcher and Trainz settings. Click on the Install tab to display the build-folder that version uses. Jot down the name so you know what it's called. - this is the one with the word build followed by a bunch of numbers and letters.

When you reinstall, TRS19 will automatically create a new data folder, aka a build folder.

Once installed, open Trainz settings on the Launcher.
Click on Install tab
Click on the ... to open up a Windows Explorer window.
Browse for your previous build folder.
Click Select.

A quick process of updating tables will occur and you'll need to restart TRS19 again.
Close the Launcher and start up.

If all goes well, you'll see all of your previously installed content in Content Manager.

If this doesn't work as expected, meaning you still have that locomotive issue, there's another process we can try.
I’ve looked around for a way to uninstall the game but I’m not exactly sure where or what exactly to do, and I’d rather not mess with everything I have just for this one loco.

There's another way to do this.

Create an empty folder anywhere.
At the Launcher, click on Trainz settings.
Click on Install tab.
Click on the ...
Browse for your empty folder.
Click on that and click select.

This will rebuild the default/base assets as if you freshly installed the program. I don't know why I didn't think of this in the first place!

Close the Launcher.

You can now copy over the original, local, and packages folder.
While copying over, skip anything that already exists.

After the copy-over is completed, start-up Trainz again.
Go into Trainz settings.
Internet tab and put in your login information.

Trainz will have to restart.

Run a DBR.

This will hopefully reset your install back to normal and preserve what you have already.

There's another way to do this.

Create an empty folder anywhere.
At the Launcher, click on Trainz settings.
Click on Install tab.
Click on the ...
Browse for your empty folder.
Click on that and click select.

This will rebuild the default/base assets as if you freshly installed the program. I don't know why I didn't think of this in the first place!

Close the Launcher.

You can now copy over the original, local, and packages folder.
While copying over, skip anything that already exists.

After the copy-over is completed, start-up Trainz again.
Go into Trainz settings.
Internet tab and put in your login information.

Trainz will have to restart.

Run a DBR.

This will hopefully reset your install back to normal and preserve what you have already.
So I did all of that and its still not working. I'm basically over it at this point, its a shame but its whatever now.

Back