Article: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is to be hoped that after 15 years of programming that N3V will finally introduce a facility to change the time the sun rises and sets for the folk in the Northern Hemisphere. I'm fed up with running my sessions in either March or September.

Getting better all the time, however, there are a couple of features available in the other popular train sim that I feel Trainz users should also have.

1) Terrain - Will Trainz 2019 include a way to easily import SRTM terrain data from USGS (and others) .hgt files directly into Trainz maps?
2) Google Earth Overlay - Will Trainz 2019 provide for entry of a Google Earth API key into the game for easy access to in-game Google Earth overlay directly onto route baseboards?

I feel that adding these two features would eliminate a lot of unnecessary complexity and absolutely make Trainz a one-stop simulator.

Very well placed I also think it would be very good to have this feature in trainz 2019

Last edited:
I hope they can do the following things in the new Trainz 2019.

1) Fix the derailment system, so that the trains can actually fall off the rails, like they did in older versions of Trains (12, 10, 09, etc.), which they couldn't do in T:ANE.
2) Keep the Content Manager the same as it was in T:ANE. I liked it better in T:ANE than in Trainz 12, 10, etc. The T:ANE one was simpler and much easier to understand. The older ones seemed too complicated to understand.

If they can do that, that's good enough for me.

Hi Guys,
One question last week I completed and sent an application for the Closed Beta TRS 2019. It was written that you should get within a day or two by e-mail a notification that I have not received until today?
Did you forget this or over see?
But it's not just me, I also know a lot of German users who are just like that.
Can someone please give a response.

Best regards
rescue pensioners
(Karl-Heinz Kaehlert)

I suspect native DEM and mapping data import comes under the heading of a "wish list" item. Certainly no indication they plan to change the current flat earth system in TRS2019. If Transdem can do it, working around the "flat earth" syndrome of Trainz, technically I can't see any reason why a bolt on or built in facility couldn't be incorporated at some point.

1) Fix the derailment system, so that the trains can actually fall off the rails, like they did in older versions of Trains (12, 10, 09, etc.), which they couldn't do in T:ANE.
2) Keep the Content Manager the same as it was in T:ANE. I liked it better in T:ANE than in Trainz 12, 10, etc. The T:ANE one was simpler and much easier to understand. The older ones seemed too complicated to understand.

Tanes Content Manager is awful, 12 10 09's was much better and it had Content Creator plus, which was way better than edit in Config and ruining the entire asset becasue of a missing ( or something like that.

Tanes Content Manager is awful, 12 10 09's was much better and it had Content Creator plus, which was way better than edit in Config and ruining the entire asset because of a missing ( or something like that.

Easy to Read Menu

Just to pick up on Roy's Post, could we please look at colouring and, if possible, font sizing in "2019".

My eyesight is very sadly getting worse as Trainz has got better and I would love to talk to someone about some of the things you might be able to do to help us old-fellows make the most of what looks like a major new product.

If it has finer details and more subtle controls then you should consider this as a really important issue.

Thanks "gch" or Graham

Great news. I've enjoyed every version of Trainz released over the years and it gets better all the time.

I'm really looking forward to getting TRS2019 the moment it is available.

The one thing I would like to see in the new version is an 'easy-to-read' menu board system. (Please, no more black text on dark-blue backgrounds - Old guys have trouble reading.)

Cheers,
Roy

I will be very honest here, I'm liking the idea of taking the old trainz concepts and the TANE concept, looking at things that can be added and fixed and mashing them up into something that will come out better then what people like me will expect. Keep it up N3V.

I am new to Trainz and just signed up last week, started with Trainz a new era 3 and then became a Gold member to have early access to TRS 2019. I own about all the DLC of Train Simulator 2019 DTG as well as TSW and I must say I have played 1000's of hours on DTG TS 2019 and TSW and this gets to my review of Trainz TRS 2019. Trainz have taken the the best DTG TS 2019 offer and combined it with TSW quality, now the 2 together is a masterpiece indeed, the quality is amazing, the simulator is so real that I have no words for it. In TSW and DTG TS 2019 there always was something missing and the Trainz people found it and combined it into one awesome Train simulator that really is going the right way. Once the news is out then Trainz will surelly lead the way of Train simulator in the future, there support is awesome while with the other Train sims the support is absent. If I may add a few things it would be that the camera key 3 must jump in front of the train each time you press 3 like in Train Simulator 2019 and then also if possible must have a zoom with the mouse wheel. The second thing I realized is that when I sit in a coach as a passenger then I dont have full control of the locomotive, this would be a great plus if I could be a passenger and be in control of my locomotive. The Steam Locomotives like the Berkshire and Mikado is a huge step ahead of any steam locomotive I have in Train Simulator 2019, they are so alive, so real and a blast to drive. I love the controls and the change to see the line map below to show the gradients, just awesome. So far this is all I found that I may suggest but the Trainz supporters with much more experience with Trainz will know the best. Thanks for a awesome Trainz TRS 19, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back