Andi06 new junction kit

corvanel

I downloaded Andi's new junction kit mark 1 and 2 and I find the junctions fantastic. So much easier to use then the old ones, no fiddling with tracks to set them up, fine.
Now, with all respect for Andi's excellent work I must grumble a bit.
When a train goes over a junction in the direction it was not originally set, the junction will switch back to original before all the cars are passed. With spectacular derailing but not very useful. If this may be due to my particular way of using them, will somebody set me straight please. If this is not my stupidity then these switches have a very limited use.
In one of the 3-way junctions the blades sometimes not move next to each other when switching but over each other. That does not seem to effect them working but it looks strange. Don't look then.
I do not like the chosen track very much but that is just a matter of taste. One could use some of the older junctions with this track but that choice is not available in their setup.
Sorry Andi, I still admire the quality of the stuff you made for Trainz and I will use it where I can. And if it turns out that my problems are of my own doing, my humble apologies.
Cornelis.

The bug Shane is referring has been there since 04 (that I can remember). Further, I have done helpdesks and threads on it and nothing has been done. Some cars are affected more than others and still I have not been able to determine exactly what, how or when will derail the last car (sometimes do, sometime don't!). Being sarcastic: it would be nice if the next Trainz still has the same bug, so we can continue complaining...!

Sorry to say I don't find Andi's reaction very helpful. The derailing on junctions never happened with his former JK points so it must be something in the newer junctions.
I also notice that they (and the used track) do not connect nicely to the other AJS tracks. Connecting to e.g. the turntable stub works alright but it looks nasty.
Also the new junctions are not recognized as such in surveyor, "find object" does not show them.
Once again, I don't want to be too critical of of Andi's excellent work but these junctions, beautiful as they are, do not work properly.
Cornelis

Some people have rather long toes.
After some more playing around I finally found out what went wrong. The derailing only happens with very long cars on the JK-10. If at some moment the wheels are not on the junction track, the junction switches back to its original position. With JK-05 this does not happen, it is much longer. With the old JK points this was never a problem, they are obviously less finely triggered. I can't believe that I am the first to have noticed this. If somebody had let me know this thread would have been much shorter.
My remark about the turntable stub stands.
I have tried to be as polite as possible, obviously not enough. Soory for that. I shall never question Andi's work again. (Except when it is really necessary)

Some people have rather long toes.
No, but I do get rather irritated by people who can't get their facts straight.

The derailing on junctions never happened with his former JK points so it must be something in the newer junctions.
This is rubbish, given the right conditions it happened frequently enough. As far as TRS is concerned all junctions, fixed-track or spline, are a single point in space at which two lines intersect, the trains follow the notional centre-line and have no knowledge of, or interest in, the meshes that are attached.

The derailing only happens with very long cars on the JK-10. If at some moment the wheels are not on the junction track, the junction switches back to its original position. With JK-05 this does not happen, it is much longer.
This is also incorrect, I've seen it happen on double slips.

With the old JK points this was never a problem, they are obviously less finely triggered.
The triggering as you call it occurs at a single point and can't be varied.

I can't believe that I am the first to have noticed this.
You're not, you just haven't read anybody else's posts.

My remark about the turntable stub stands.
These were built many years ago to match Auran track of the time, You think that we should still be using those standards?

Also the new junctions are not recognized as such in surveyor, "find object" does not show them.
Yes it does, you just haven't looked properly.

I shall never question Andi's work again. (Except when it is really necessary)
Feel free, just put your brain in gear before you start typing.

Hi

I have just downloaded the Andi06 new junctions and having exactly the same problems as reported at the top of the thread – the junctions reset to default before a long train (BR HST in my case) has cleared and cause a derailment. Disappointed because had changed many of my old junctions to the new! I must confess that in all the years I have used Trainz and particularly, Andi’s old animated junctions, which I have always used and admired, I have never experienced junction derailments like this – maybe I have just been lucky. I set up a test track board to see if it happened on this and the same occurred.

Another thing I noticed: -

After attaching junctions to each other, when clicking the properties icon, the list is empty and the tick button greyed out. If you go out of surveyor then return you can then select the junction properties and the list of junctions appear enabling you to link them. This may be a general Trainz issue rather than directly linked to Andi’s junctions.

If there is no answer to these issues it seems I will have to revert back to the older junctions, which is a pity because I think the new set have a lot to offer

Yorkshire

There are several issues which have been bugged with Auran, including this one and the AI failing to clear locks on objects with multiple junction nodes. I'm in their hands as to when they are fixed although Chris has stated that they will continue support for fixed track junctions into the future.

The second issue is probably linked to the junction list failing to appear after an object has been deleted. This is my bug and has been fixed at my end but not yet uploaded because I'm in the middle of doing several other things with the library.

Hi Andi - I downloaded the new junction kit but was disappointed to discover that kit 3 is build 3.7 and will not download. Will I have to patch up to SP1?

Regards - Trevor

I downloaded all junction kit (3) and i have not missing kuid. I'm not able to change the rail. I have not the "edit" function. What have i miss? (Sorry for my English)

The "pre-wired" junctions do not have the ability to change textures like the original "wireable"ones do, as Andi has not implemented this feature on them. What you have is what you get. Andi does point this out in his original thread.

Just a note on this subject of cars derailing over points. This is not for Andi's new points. This is for general points as they come out of he box. I set a test track and made an in-depth examination: Cars that derail are mostly with bogies. First offender would be a log wagon flat bed among many. If you end your consist with a two axle car it does not derail. Take a look at the place you set the lever in the junction. Some times it is convenient to set it forward from the spline because of other tracks. If you do, derailment is almost guaranteed. Try setting the lever exactly over the middle of the circle of the spline point and pass the offending flat cars. In my tests, they don't derail! I have reset all my levers in my routes, and bingo! No more derailments! It would be nice if others could confirm all this.

Hi Andi06.
Sorry for my english but I am italian. I just downloaded the last version (number 3 right?) of your junctions. I have a problem because of the following error in the JK Signal Box <kuid:122285:75001>: "Alias mesh 'node0.im' not found in latest version of dependency <kuid:122285:79000> (<kuid2:122285:79000:3>)". I noticed that <kuid:122285:79000> is not present in the DLS. Where my mistake is?

Back