Altering Signal Configs?

lewisner

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/lewisner/SignalatHylton.jpgI"m working on a sim of the Sunderland area and I"m trying to keep everything as accurate as possible.At Hylton station I have this Signal (Home Gantry) mounted on a "Signal Bridge".Its arranged as a Dummy attached to a piece of Invisible Track because the Signal Bridge isn"t long enough to span one track and meet up with the Signal which (if working) would be directly above the "real" track.I read on the old Forum that its possible to alter the position of Signals relative to the Track by altering the "Config Txt" file.Can anyone tell me (hopefully in simple terms as I"m a bit of a chucklehead when it comes to anything like Config TXT!) whether it possible to move this signal about 4 feet to the left so that it appears in its correct position? Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi lewisner
It is possible though I can’t remember how the problem here is if you alter the config then it would be applied to every situation where you use this particular item and not only on this particular route or situation
Bob V

... possible to move this signal about 4 feet to the left so that it appears in its correct position?

There is an entry in the config.txt which specifies which side of the track an object is positioned and how far from the centreline of the track.

The entry is configured as follows;

trackside -2.0

which, in this example means that the object will appear on the left of the track (note that it is a negative figure) and 2 metres from the centreline.

If the line were to read (for example);

trackside 2.5

it would mean that the object will appear on the right hand side of the track (note that it is no longer a negative figure) and 2.5 metres from the centreline of the track.

In order to ensure that any reconfiguration applies only to one object at one location (if that is what you require), you should copy the whole of the contents of the objects' directory to a suitably named directory under your auran/trs2004/world/custom directory - easily done if using TrainzObject - and replace the original kuid with one of your own, and amend the 'trackside' entry accordingly.

You could use an 'alias' tag as another way of achieving your ends - theoretically simpler, but it would actually take longer to describe than the above process :).

"b9k9kiwi" that sounds like the way to , and I thik I understand it---so presumably (I haven"t looked at it yet) since its above the Track it"ll appear as "trackside 0" ? If that works I"ll owe you a pint!:rolleyes:

Back