All my Tb Forest trees are broken.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
In a few of my routes, I noticed all of my trees are gone. I look in the dependencies and the trees were labeled as faulty, with this error coming up:
Screenshot-2023-11-07-155001.png

And what's silly is that the aforementioned mesh files are in the Tb Forest Library!
Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Here's a few of the trees that throw up this error:
Screenshot-2023-11-07-155056.png

Thanks!

I wish I could help, but I have to say that this is just nuts ! What platform are you using ? I only use TANE, I'm happy with it, but I keep getting this feeling that I'm going to one day open up my on-going route in progress and run into a problem like this !

I wish I could help, but I have to say that this is just nuts ! What platform are you using ? I only use TANE, I'm happy with it, but I keep getting this feeling that I'm going to one day open up my on-going route in progress and run into a problem like this !
Trainz 2019, Platinum. This seems to be a new thing, as I haven't experienced it before.

Just looked at 100020 in TRS22 and it comes up as unknown. So I used download this version and it shows as third party but has no errors showing.
Might be a CRG asset.

Have you tried a DBR or an EDBR?

In my Trainz Plus I have 13 Tb Forest S assets installed including the Library. None of them are showing as faulty.

"Third Party" usually means that the asset has been removed from the DLS listing:-
  • for repair work but can still be downloaded and installed, as Third Party assets, until the repair work has been completed
  • but can still be downloaded as a dependency of another asset but not as an individual asset in its own right. It will receive the label Third Party once downloaded
  • because of a copyright violation then the asset will no longer be available on the DLS to anyone who had not already downloaded and installed it before it was removed. If you had downloaded it before its removal then it will appear as Third Party in your Content Manager

Last edited:
Google translation:
Example error the kuid: <kuid2:19691:101369:1>.
Errors are:
Mesh not found: 1/1/trees2.im in library kuid2:19691:100014:2
Mesh not found: 1/2/trees2.im in the library kuid2:19691:100014:2
Inside the library we find the folder 1 but inside it there is not another folder called also 1 , neither we find the folder 2 inside the 1 , those are the errors.
The last version of the library does not respect the folder structure of version 0.
In the version 0 inside the folder 1 there is another folder called 2 which is where the searched meshes are.

Some asset (like <kuid2:19691:101369:1>) obviously need the old version of the library. Additionally installing the old library could make the newer assets faulty. This kind of problem usually is the result of changing the structure of a mesh library.

Peter

I have TRS19 Platinum sp5 build 117009 and am not getting those errors. I have <kuid2:19691:100014:2> Tb Forest Library

Did you check the example <kuid2:19691:101369:1> ? When downloading or installing an asset, TRS19 (and newer versions) does a quick error checking only. The full error checking is done when using the asset (double clicking in CM or preview will do).

Peter

It's not the library that has a fault but the assets using it. The assets looking for the meshes are showing as unknown in TRS22 CM. But if you list asset versions and download the newest version you will get the latest which is not listed as it shows as third party.

It's not the library that has a fault but the assets using it. The assets looking for the meshes are showing as unknown in TRS22 CM. But if you list asset versions and download the newest version you will get the latest which is not listed as it shows as third party.
I am on TRS19 Platinum Edition, and all of the trees are the latest version. They are all listed as "Installed from DLS".

If you delete one of those assets and redownload it, it should then work. I think you will find they had faults and the CRG has repaired them so need to be downloaded again. They don't up version repaired assets.

Back