A small question

Zephyr0th

I was not exactly sure what to search for so..I'll just ask. =P

Is there a way to convert content from Trainz and/or Trainz 2004 to Trainz 2006? I've noticed that there is a lot of content for 2004 but very little for 2006..At least as far as Steam Locomotives go.

So is there a way to do this easily or what? I would like to know so I can decide between 2004 and 2006..Because 2004 seems to have a lot more content when it comes to the Download Station.

Thank you.

I was not exactly sure what to search for so..I'll just ask. =P

Is there a way to convert content from Trainz and/or Trainz 2004 to Trainz 2006? I've noticed that there is a lot of content for 2004 but very little for 2006..At least as far as Steam Locomotives go.

So is there a way to do this easily or what? I would like to know so I can decide between 2004 and 2006..Because 2004 seems to have a lot more content when it comes to the Download Station.

Thank you.

Hi Zephyr0th,

You can import most TRS2004 content into TRS2006. If you have saved your downloaded CDP files that would be the best way to import content.

Go to the top drop down File menu in CMP and select IMPORT CDPs. Some items will show errors, you can have a go at fixing them in CMP but most will run without the errors being fixed.
If you have not saved your CDP files the items can still be imported. I think the best way is to make a new directory somewhere, call it say "transfer" then copy the items you want to import to the new directory, then select IMPORT CONTENT from the drop down menu in CMP.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Zephyr0th,

You can import most TRS2004 content into TRS2006. If you have saved your downloaded CDP files that would be the best way to import content.

Go to the top drop down File menu in CMP and select IMPORT CDPs. Some items will show errors, you can have a go at fixing them in CMP but most will run without the errors being fixed.
If you have not saved your CDP files the items can still be imported. I think the best way is to make a new directory somewhere, call it say "transfer" then copy the items you want to import to the new directory, then select IMPORT CONTENT from the drop down menu in CMP.

Cheers,
Bill69

Thanks a lot, It is good to know that I can convert the content over to 2006..Too many nice Steam Engines made for 2004 to just leave behind. =P

anything built for an earleir version of TRS can be use in whatever version you are using. eg:
Trainz, UTC, TRS2004 all works in TRS2004
Trainz, UTC, TRS2004, TRS2006 all works in TRS2006
however it is not reverse build able. for example; something built for 06 will not work in 04.

peter

anything built for an earleir version of TRS can be use in whatever version you are using. eg:
Trainz, UTC, TRS2004 all works in TRS2004
Trainz, UTC, TRS2004, TRS2006 all works in TRS2006
however it is not reverse build able. for example; something built for 06 will not work in 04.

peter

I see, thank you for the information.

Back