A program to view entire map?

ish6

Since 2001
Hello Community,

Perhaps someone can be kind enough to either point me, or tell me about any programs that can be use to display one's entire route, from a map point of view! I know years ago we have map view, and I can't find it in my files, but perhaps there's another program I have not come across!

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Thank You! :wave:
Ish

Hi Ish,

The old Trainz Map used to do this. There's a patch to allow it to open TS2010 maps, but this does not always work with TS12 maps and crashes when opening very large maps.

I know and this is preaching to the choir as they say, we should have this and should be built-in to Surveyor right from the beginning.

John

Hello John.

How are you these days, sir??

You know, for years I have call for a map view, even suggesting it at times! It puzzles me that with all the techno and tricks that N3V has not implement a feature which can detail a full aerial map of one's route! I would think it would be as simple as turning on a light --- Such a feature can be implemented into CMP+ as a filter, so we can view the entire map.... including junctions, signals, station names, etc etc ...

I guess with TANE in the horizon train still has many things to offer, like a real dedicated Map View, and features to work on terrain, not in surveyor!

I do hope someone at N3V takes notices, and hopefully these suggestions becomes real! :wave:

Take Care, John ---

Ishie

PS. Slowly getting back into trainz! LOL :hehe:

I brought up this issue several weeks ago and was surprised to find it was not possible to view and print a map in TS12.

With the size and complexity of some of the routes it is imperative to have a map as a guide until one has a feel for the layout and names of the towns and industries. It would also serve as an aid when building routes.

Regards,

With the size and complexity of some of the routes it is imperative to have a map as a guide until one has a feel for the layout and names of the towns and industries. It would also serve as an aid when building routes.

Regards,

Especially for my Marsz layout, which is done, and it has vast regions -- There's only one or two bases, and I began laying track, but like you said, it's complexity and logistic of the layout is quite hard to nail down, because I am working with regions that far and spread from each other!

Hopefully, N3V includes a dedicate map view in future trainz products! Hopefully people express their thoughts too, so N3V can see we're excited to have such a feature in Trainz in the future!

Ish

Back