Merge failure

oldhip

Does anyone else have problems merging routes together, i have tried to merge various routes and each time it causes the prg. to crash.

Which version? There are known issues with merging in later versions. The way I make DEM routes involves merging large 'blank' routes in-game. TRS04 handles it no problem, but if I attempt the same merge in TS10 it crashes every time...

Andy

Are you trying to merge a route with a lower build number (say 2006 or similar) with a higher build number ?

I've had better success by making sure both are at the same build number .
Try re-saving the route with the lower build number so that the Sim converts it to it's build number .

It's not a 100% guaranteed method though as some routes simply refuse to be converted to a higher build without crashing .

Which version? There are known issues with merging in later versions. The way I make DEM routes involves merging large 'blank' routes in-game. TRS04 handles it no problem, but if I attempt the same merge in TS10 it crashes every time...

Andy
Had a lot of problems myself with TS2010 until I read somewhere that you need to merge the Session layers with the Route layers and then rename one of the Route layers. Worked like a charm after that.
Geoff

Simple answer, merge in TS12 don't work. I hope that SP3 will be out soon.

Last edited:
Simple answer, merge in TS12 don't work. I hope that SP3 will be out soon.

Thats not entirely accurate.
It seems like the merge function in TS12 does not like to merge LARGE maps. I've had few problems merging smaller maps. When trying to merge large maps, the game would either crash or just merge half the map.
I was recently able to merge my existing Soldier Summit map (500+ baseboards) with a new DEM (about 300 baseboards). In TS12.
I would reccomend trying to merge maps in two or more operations. Like you first merge one map with half the other map, then the combined one and a half map to the remaining half. This method requires a lot of work in trimming maps, but it might work.

-Turog

Thats not entirely accurate.
-Turog

Still remain, merge in TS12 don't work. I succeed only once by merging very small route (8 baseboards) with larger one, all others attempts was not successful. In TS 09 and TS 10 i had no problems.

And still remain, I hope that SP3 will be out soon, a lot of things don't work properly.

Last edited:
Back