TS2010 44088 Unable to select or delete?

sniper297

Coconut God
Am I the only unlucky mutt getting this problem, or does it happen to others? Couple weeks ago I was using a quad track bridge as a template to align four individual tracks, then deleting the bridge and connecting the missing sections. Tried to move one track piece after that, discovered I had three small track sections that has gotten the idea they were fixed track sections. Went to the house icon and successfully deleted them, then noticed my turntable five miles away has disappeared. So I replaced it, then proceeded to lay more track with the same method on a different part of the route, got another track section that decided to be a fixed track piece. After deleting that I checked the turntable, gone again.

A few days ago I was looking for a bridge to model the Central Avenue overpass over the Milwaukee yard near Grand & Central (Chicago, most of that yard is gone these days and the bridge has changed), found this one;

25m Conc Bridge Mway streetlights,<kuid:75834:38104>

Odd thing I noticed at the time, place a section and it's possible to move the spline ends, at the time it was possible to delete it, but the pick tool would not select it for the list.

Yesterday it hit the fan - wanted to copy and paste part of the yard under that bridge, so I did - then tried to delete the bridge. :'( Went back to the original yard and tried to delete that bridge - no way. Static or spline or track, it would not delete. I finally opened the bridge for edit, changed IsTrack 0 to IsTrack 1, THEN I was able to delete bits and pieces in the splines menu. I checked, didn't affect the turntable this time.

Question is, is there something wrong with that asset, something wrong with the way I'm doing this? If it's the asset I don't want to use it and take a chance of a "stealth bug" the will haunt the route forever - but how many more like that are there? Is there a list of "avoid at all costs" assets that route developers should stay away from?

There's lots of 'bridge' tracks won't respond to the 'Get Track' tool. T'was ever thus. They normally delete OK though...

Andy :)

Back