Yard Guide Tool

nysvrwx

I finally got around to giving it a try. Works like a dream! Easy to use, and it makes a neat, orderly yard. Thanks!

A search on the DLS did not return any items named "yard guide tool"
Where is it?

As well as the one mentioned above, there's also CS_Yard Template_1 <KUID:37522:9972> by BeadyBoy. It's only a 1:6 (I believe), but it works decent for making a nice tight Narrow Gauge yard. The item shows errors in CMP, and I can't remember if that can be had via CMP or if it was off the 2004 DLS, but either way, quite useful.

Cheers,
Craig.

Check out my site for a collection of surveyor toolz, there are a few other yard toolz out there :)

I noticed that the yard template by Mr Den creates quite sharp curves :confused:

I think CS_Yard Template_1 was an original 2004 asset and developed a 'road' spline through the middle after the service packs were released, still works though :)

Last edited:
whoa! i came to that site before just to get Trainzmap. and i didnt know there was more stuff WOW!
im bookmarkin this!

I noticed that the yard template by Mr Den creates quite sharp curves :confused:

At which point or points?

(Always on the lookout for improvements :D )

I developed the yard guide because Beadyboy's guide made extremely sharp curves, and wanted something better for my yards.

Hi Mr. Den,
I made that comment after trying out your template and then testing the new release of the Hiawatha engine and the long passenger cars looked very awkward on the curves (the right yard is yours, the left is made with 1:15 template).

Yours is better suited to freight operations :D

Yeah, I see what you mean :p

You hit the nail on the head, I run more freight than passenger consists by far.

Looks like I will have to do some tweaking and see what I can come up with next weekend ;)

Yeah, I see what you mean :p

You hit the nail on the head, I run more freight than passenger consists by far.

Looks like I will have to do some tweaking and see what I can come up with next weekend ;)

I didn't notice this for the same reason, but now that I think of it, it could also be because I've only tried your template with narrowgauge so far.

Hi azathoth92,

Do a DLS search for 'Template switch' and/or 'Turnout' for a series of these switch templates. They can be used for yards, sidings and single and double slip switches. :)
I am in the process of writing a new tutorial for their use, I think the old ones were lost when the old forum broke. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I have released a tutorial with instructions for using mutton's switch templates and Natvander’sTurnout Templates to create yards.
You can use those titles to search the DLS to download the templates if you are so inclined. :)

Last edited:
I have tried the tutorial for creating the switchs and i cant quite figure it out. the yard template that they have in the tutorial is not the same yard template that is on DLS. I am running 2006 SP1

Last edited:
Check out my site for a collection of surveyor toolz, there are a few other yard toolz out there :)

I think CS_Yard Template_1 was an original 2004 asset and developed a 'road' spline through the middle after the service packs were released, still works though :)

You've got a lot of dead end tutorial links there. I picked my tool to try based on the one that had a tute I could get lol :D

Back