Pic of the Month Ends January 31, 2009

spiffy101

Fan of Everything Train
Well, another succesful month. Now, lets begin a new contest to kick off the new year. The rules are:

1. All pictures must be your own
2. All pictures must be taken of real trains
3. Model train pics will be accepted
4. Pictures larger than 800 x 600 cannot be posted. Links must be provided.
5. All entries posted after Midnight (US Eastern Time) on the 31st of January will receive a one-point deduction in the voting thread.
6. You are only allowed to post one picture. A second image will cancel out the first.

Well, I believe I have covered everything. If you have any concerns, please contact me. Let the entries begin!

92129116vt7.jpg

Well, I found my entrant for this month. This utilizes Rule #3.

In this shot, workers are repairing a portable boiler. Traffic has been slow on the Sundance Central, so the workers have not been frequently bothered by passing trains.

I'm guessing you've got it from the train show we previously met at. Nice shot!

Meanwhile, I'll resort to Rule 3 too. My railfan outings have mostly only sought for videos, though I did get a quick shot of Tri-Rail once.

FEC SD70M-2s 103 and 100 basically "visit" Downtown Tampa with their haul of intermodal. Taken from the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club layout:

3125235391_dcc2a0bb73_o.jpg

Last edited:
Infamous 3907 smokes up a storm as it rounds the bend long hood forward. If you live near the tracks make sure your backyard isn't on fire
100_0272-1.jpg

Eh, why not...

CN M330 rolls south off the swing bridge and past a GP40-2LW tied down in the Oshkosh, WI yard.

532b957dde60a92f22a4994c56621367.jpg

Steve

Genesee & Wyoming grain train 7R81 with 2207, GM43, GM45, 2216 and CLP8 crosses the Murray River enroute to Tailem Bend for loading.

Last edited:
Genesee & Wyoming grain train 7R81 with 2207, GM43, GM45, 2216 and CLP8 crosses the Murray River enroute to Tailem Bend for loading.

Great picture Alyx. I have fond memories of Murray Bridge. When I was there the town was occupied by about a million (#1) Bikers (#2) and it kicked off big time with SA's top police unit (#3).

Chris
#1 - Might not have been a million
#2 - 'Gypsy Joes'....is that correct? might be wrong about that.
#3 - 'Star Troopers'.......is that correct? Might be wrong about that as well actually....sounds like something fro Star Wars!

Back