TPR needs your help

meridious

TPR Guy
Is there anyone that lives in California near the Monolith Portland Cement Plant ? This is on the Tehachapi route.

If so, we could use your help. We need detailed pictures and any type of specs that are available. I've scoured the internet and haven't been able to come up with much.

We also need some high detailed pictures of ground textures from the area along the Tehachapi route.

If you can help with this project, please contact me via private message or e-mail through my profile.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
meridous,

Excuse my ignorance , I am in SD area , is this plant anywhere near Plasterville ?

The name just doesn't connect , unless someone gives a definite answer ,
please reply with a nearby city that I can do a Map Quest .

---DLR

I honetsly don't know much about the area but as far as I can tell from Google maps, it is East of Bakersfield and Theachapi.

Study help...

:cool: I know this may have been tried, but here's the Google on the Monolith Portland Cement Plant...

Off the cuff, my first choice for aerial research, is Microsoft Virtual Earth

Monolith, California, USA as a search produced this in MVE, Bird's Eye View, the bomb, is not available, but that changes practically day to day.

If your not familiar with Bird's Eye View, it produces aerial pictures with accuracy.

Thanks guys for the input !

It is farther away (from SD), then I thought .
I was heading to the plasterville area soon for an off-road race pre-run and thought I might take some pictures for TPR .

Sorry , but I will be of no assistance , I at least now know where it is located .

---DLR

...are you sure...?

:cool: Deeelare...assuming your going to Placerville(no plasterville found), I could see you taking the long road home...

sandiegomonolithcamy2.jpg

San Diego, is 228 miles, 3hr 45min from Monolith, CA

Last edited:
backyard,

Very informative post , sure takes the guess work out of where it is located .
I am however going to Plasterville , which is a gysum mining area, it is located an hour or two , southeast of Oceanside .

Thanks ---DLR

Thanks for all the links everyone. Unfortunately, most of them are ones that I found as well.

I do appreciate everyone's response to this thread. :)

Back