A few more Surfliner pics

wflint

A few pics of a vintage Surfliner departing LAUPT (Los Angeles Union Pasenger Terminal)

laupttrains007apf4.jpg

laupttrains085bow7.jpg

laupttrains015bpd4.jpg

laupttrains025aaq0.jpg

laupttrains033bab7.jpg

Stay tuned for some shots of the flyover...

Oh my, that looks fantastic wflint! were have you been hiding that jewel of a route it looks spot on:D:mop::mop::mop::mop:

Oh my, that looks fantastic wflint! were have you been hiding that jewel of a route it looks spot on

Thanks braintrainz...so far I've only finished LAUPT and San Clemente on my LA to San Diego route. Since the total DEM route is 130 miles long I've still got a ways to go.

For now, on to San Clemente...

Northbound...

sanclemente002oy8.jpg

sanclemente033xg6.jpg

and Southbound...

sanclemente072in6.jpg

sanclemente110aps9.jpg

Very nice indeed. Just an idea, if you're worried about size, you could always release it in installments for us slow computers ;)

looks amazing, just like shots i have seen of the line.
love how you did the ocean, is it a texture? looks very realistic whatever it is
keep up the great work:D

Thanks for all the kind comments...

Here are a few shots of the San Diegan traveling Northbound from San Onofre, CA through the Trestles Beach area, a popular surfing beach a few miles South of San Clemente.

trestlebeach028adn4.jpg

trestlebeach013aom6.jpg

trestlebeach039sq2.jpg

trestlebeach009anq7.jpg

love how you did the ocean, is it a texture? looks very realistic whatever it is

The "surf" is formed by raising the terrain slightly above sea level and texturing it white. Not perfect but will have to do until something better comes along...

trestlebeach007axs5.jpg

Funny, I was just watching a show on the Surfline and found this thread. I must say it is looking great! I'll have to try out that wave texturing trick. Keep up the good work.

santa fe engines

hiya
i have been gone 6 months
trying to catch up on missed content
would love to know where i can get
the santa fe engines in the above pic
any info helpful
thanks john

Last edited:
would love to know where i can get the santa fe engines in the above pic

Actually, the ATSF E6's in the pic are a rather feeble attempt at reskinning landrvr's CB&Q E5's into the warbonnet scheme. Since I didn't have the source files this was as good as I could do.

He did offer a payware "fantasy" warbonnet ATSF E7 but not the ATSF E3/6's.

Even though landrvr's appears to be "out of the hobby" I've been thinking of contacting him with a request to help me tidy up several areas that still need work.

HTH

Bill

ATSF E7s train

Awsome, fantastic, and terrific job on those photos.:clap: :Y: :Y: :clap: :udrool: :mop: :clap: :clap: :Y: :Y:

The units are just reskins of Landrvr1's Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy EMD E5. If you want the fictional Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe scheme, you better get started on it. :wave: The units were privately made reskinned. The original EMD E5s are available, just tell me if you want the CB&Q E5s. You can feel free to reskin them, but as this fellow did, you cannot release them! Landrvr1 must approve, and I am very sure he has retired from the Trainz community.

Cheers,
Joshua

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! My life would have been much better off if I never new about this beautiful looking route that didn't make it to life. I mean, it looked freaking amazing. But what can you do...

Thanks for bumping it to ask for content n00b. I got all excited for nothing.

Back