New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

WCL

Canadian National
I am going to try and do the line from Muskego Yard in Milwaukee all the way WEST towards Portage....The main RR will be focused on the CP where in Milwaukee you will also have the UP running around.....I am going to try and get this far WEST as possible with good FPS's......

Here is a shot to start it off.....This here shot was taken in Duplainville on the Watertown Sub for the CP where the CN/WC Waukesha Sub crosses each other at grade

And yes...Them cars belong to the RR fans there that are taking the pix :)

Now I dont know how many people know the area accept Adam and Steve so they will know what I mean....Here is a map of the real thing on where this pic was taken from

And a ground shot of the area as well
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=187837&nseq=47

Now this is like I said a WIP so stuff is willing to change from point to point.....

Last edited:
Thanks....Its getting there....Slowly but surely :cool: .......Most of the Milwaukee area is done now....Now I am working on my way towards Portage.....I started in Milwaukee and working my way WEST....Milwaukee is not right down to the last detail due to low FPS rates on others PC's...I am making this PC friendly......Most of the WSOR and UP stuff in Milwaukee is done....

With the weather being so nice...Lots of RR fans out in Duplainville today...But I only had time to wait and watch for one train.....So we got to see a CP auto train out of Milwaukee with a single CP unit race thru Duplainville on its way towards Portage.....But when we left....I looked back and the gates went back down and the Empire Builder from Portage raced on by....One day I'll catch that :)

Well part of Wisconsin Dells is done....There is more to add to this part and stuff to switch out and all...But this shows what the WI Dells part looks like....

A CP Auto train creeps over the Wisconsin River as it is about to pass the Wisconsin Dells Amtrak Depot....Hot on his heels is the Empire Builder #8 where this CP train will take the siding up ahead and wait for train #8 to pass on by after making the stop at the Dells first....

And a real pic of the area
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=190955&nseq=9

Excellent work - it's the kind of Wisconsin layout I've been wanting:udrool:

Can't wait to get loose on this one:cool:

Now if only I can manage to find some WSOR GP38-2s and SD20s ........

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Kev

Last edited:
Thanks....Its getting there....I wanted to get to the Dells on this layout to work on the WI River part....Now I just have to go back and do Portage yard and some of Watertown with the WSOR and UP line....And touch up some more on the Dells area....

Now if only I can manage to find some WSOR GP38-2s and SD20s ........

GP38AC actually but who cares??? :cool: USLW has had a WSOR specific model done but it just hasn't been skinned yet. I'll see if I can pry on Tyler to get to work on it.... :hehe:

Route looks aight so far JJ. The grass between the tracks and Marjean Lane is way too big unless Eric or Ron down there has been spraying Miracle Grow. Other than that, if at all possible I would raise the bridge at the Dells higher. Ive ridden over it and it is one hell of a drop down!

Need any help with this just let me know! :wave:

Steve

Yeah I figure the bridge is lil to low....I'll have to drop some of the water or something.....The only trouble on that is that the ferry boat tour building is already level with the water and it was a pain in the *BEEP* to get it right on the money....LOL....But once I get the area all done and all textured up I'll send it off to ya Steve so ya can check it out and maybe touch some things up if ya want....I also took care of the weed problem in Dupy-Ville.....More pix will come soon.....Oh Steve...Any idea on what building to use for the Dells Depot??? Only one I could some what find is the Milwaukee Road orange one....I know that dont fit it but the size is pretty close...And seeing that it was ONCE a Milwaukee Road line....Just a thought...Maybe you can find a better fit...Here is what the real depot looks like for those who don't know what it looks like but might be able to tell me one that will be close to this http://www.trainweb.org/usarail/wisconsindells.htm ......Thanks

Last edited:
GP38AC actually but who cares??? :cool: USLW has had a WSOR specific model done but it just hasn't been skinned yet. I'll see if I can pry on Tyler to get to work on it.... :hehe:

Steve

Thanks for the correction Steve. I've only studied the WSOR via the net (as I live in the UK and haven't had the chance to visit yet) and most of the photos I've found have been captioned as GP38-2s. Can't trust anyone can you:hehe:

It'd be great if USLW could release a correct GP38AC:D

Cheers,

Kev

Well another update on the route....Pretty much finished up in the Dells area and now working my way over towards Portage...Got all the tracks laid in Portage for the yard and now working on the detail.....Some pix of the route in the Dells area

Our first train we catch is another CP Auto train coming across the Wi River bridge....CP runs a lot of these on there line

The other shot we caught him crossing over the main drag in the Dells...Behind me is where all the water parks are

We then went back to the first spot to wait for the Empire Builder to come.....Moments later we heard him blast the horn and about to cross over the bridge

We then went over to the depot where he will be making a brief stop to let off and pick up some passengers

All for now :)

Thanks...I am trying to capture the look of the rock slate stuff they have there...But they dont have anything to match it...So this is the best I can come up with.....Keep watching for more pix...Once I get it all detailed and stuff I'll hand it out.....The Milwaukee area is going to be a pain in the butt....Good thing though...All is done but I wanna add Mitchell Yard for the UP to hook up with the CP yard.....

Taking a break from tinkering around the Portage area...I thought I'd take a run down to Duplainville......At Duplainville now we catch the U700 Rock Job heading towards Chicago

Yeah I know them are Ore Cars....But there pretty close to the ones that the WC uses for its Rock Job train

Great pics and is that the superliner reskin that perRock did and if so where can you get it from. Thanks

Back