No Traffic on roads

seat1ger

Cock o' the North
I cant get the traffic to appear on my roads, I'm using TRS09, but the traffic button does not seem to work, has anyone else had the same problem?

Four causes of no cars on roads

I've been playing around with cars on roads in TRS2006 and TS2009 an have found the following causes of no cars in routes. There may be more ways to prevents cars. If anyone knows of other ways, jump right in.

1. To prevent cars on a specific road, set the carrate tag to 0 in the config.txt file of the kind road file. Other roads in the route will not be affected.

2. To prevent all cars in a route, put this tag in the routes config.txt file:
holdcarz 1.
This tag is not documented in the TRS2006CCG. This tag will be automatically set if you leave the toggle traffic icon selected [in the Objects (F3) panel - Add Spline (S)] when you exit and save the route.

3. No cars will appear in a route if the region file (kind region) doesn't have a list of car kuids. Example is the default region in TS2009, Default Region,<kuid:-1:78032>.

4. To prevent all cars in all routes, put the following tag in the trainzobjects.txt file:
-disablecarz=1

Bob

I cant get the traffic to appear on my roads, I'm using TRS09, but the traffic button does not seem to work, has anyone else had the same problem?
From Yorky-also have no traffic on imported 2006 routes; toggle swirch does not appear to work.

Check the config.txt file in the route to see if the holdcarz 1 tag is present and to check the region kuid.

Bob

no traffic

I have found with 2009 that there is no traffic if one uses the default route. I used the Austrailian route and no problems, traffic all over the roads.

To avoid having to start route again I did the following:

1. start new route called whatever u want, but australian NOT default.
2. merge old route with no traffic to it.

Controlling traffic on road intersection

Thanks to this thread I was able to put my vehicles back on the roads, but now I have a new problem:
- How to prevent road intersection from producing new cars and adding them to the existing traffic? I thought that road intersections adhere to the same rules what ordinary roads, so in the config file of one of them I added line:
carrate 0
but this didn't stop cars appearing on this intersection out of blue.

Another problem, although less annoying, is to prevent intersection from consuming cars and making it distributing traffic in different directions, e.g.:
55% drive straight
25% drive right
20% drive left

Is something like that possible in TS2009? If yes, are there any assets that would do the trick?

On a related note, I frequently have cases where the cars on the roads attached to a crossing vanish when they reach the crossing; meanwhile the crossing produces its own cars but they vanish as they leave the crossing! Anyone know of a common cause/fix for this? I use BNSF's crossings almost exclusively, but use his roads, the AASHTO roads and the YARN roads interchangeably. (This is TRS2006, by the way.)

--Lamont

How do you get to disablecars=1?
I've been playing around with cars on roads in TRS2006 and TS2009 an have found the following causes of no cars in routes. There may be more ways to prevents cars. If anyone knows of other ways, jump right in.

1. To prevent cars on a specific road, set the carrate tag to 0 in the config.txt file of the kind road file. Other roads in the route will not be affected.

2. To prevent all cars in a route, put this tag in the routes config.txt file:
holdcarz 1.
This tag is not documented in the TRS2006CCG. This tag will be automatically set if you leave the toggle traffic icon selected [in the Objects (F3) panel - Add Spline (S)] when you exit and save the route.

3. No cars will appear in a route if the region file (kind region) doesn't have a list of car kuids. Example is the default region in TS2009, Default Region,<kuid:-1:78032>.

4. To prevent all cars in all routes, put the following tag in the trainzobjects.txt file:
-disablecarz=1

Bob

Something similar happens to me too. I'm creating a UK style Light Rail system and in surveyor mode, roads are filled with cars and buses from my custom made region, but when I go to Quick Drive, only some roads have traffic. It can't be anything to do with the roads, because every road I'm using is an AJS Traffic road. Perhaps something to do with the distance of the starting spline point of the road from the player (me)?

As has been said here, change the Route region from default to something else. There are SC UK 1960s and others. You can even edit and create your own if you want by changing or adding to the carz kuid list.

John

I've created my own using a few UK buses, cars and Ford Transits that I've found but the same thing happens :( perhaps it's just Quick Drive that doesn't work too well on, I'll try it properly through Driver :)

I use YARN roads and can't even get traffic to show up (It is for the 1950's so I have it set to US 1950's), now my custom crossings serve no purpose... :'(

Yes I have all of the settings set how they should for cars to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just created my own 1950's region... :D

Last edited:
Make sure that you have a region selected, the default regions have no traffic on the roads so no matter what road you use there will be no traffic

Back