Train Crashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The crash on Friday was the nation's worst rail disaster in 15 years. In addition to the 25 people killed, 135 were injured, many critically, when the Metrolink train carrying 220 passengers barreled into a Union Pacific freight train north of Los Angeles."

Yeah, I love those screenshots of train crashes!

You guys STILL don't understand why it's wrong? Try taking the high road once in awhile.......

Amtrak jumps the tracks, badly, with hundreds aboard...

Screen_019.jpg

Screen_017.jpg

Screen_021.jpg

Obviosly the earlier Amtrak derailment was not cleaned up well enough and led to this NS derailment 48 hours later, the train was a massive 91 cars long...

Screen_291.jpg

Screen_290.jpg

Screen_182.jpg

Screen_277.jpg

"The crash on Friday was the nation's worst rail disaster in 15 years. In addition to the 25 people killed, 135 were injured, many critically, when the Metrolink train carrying 220 passengers barreled into a Union Pacific freight train north of Los Angeles."

Yeah, I love those screenshots of train crashes!

You guys STILL don't understand why it's wrong? Try taking the high road once in awhile.......
I fully agree.

Yes the collision was horrible and the loss of life horrific, but for MOST of us we don't act like there were people aboard. (VERY bad taste and timing Cookie).

I don't enjoy when a train crashes, but I get some satisfaction about figuring out why it happened. Lets look at the tragic CA collision. It is horrible but I am facinated that the accident involved telescoping. Telescoping is a rare beast now-a-days due to stronger railcar construction. As you probably know it used to be an occurance in almost every collision that involved wooden "coffin cars."

And don't tell me that you didn't laugh at the futurama episode where everyone becomes stupid and the mayor responds to a train wreck by sending more trains.

There is a difference between real life and Trainz. And also, I am a proud supporter of TRS09 having better collsion physics. That way when I have accidents, it will at least be realistic. Or maybe have an AI crash the train on purpose so that I can create a scenario where you drive a wreck train to the accident to help clean up.

There is nothing wrong with SHOWING SCREENSHOTS OF CRASHES FROM A GAME!! How many times should I say this??:eek:
You can say it as many times as you like, buddy, just have some respect for the people involved in this recent tragedy and leave it for a while. Maybe you should have been in the train in place of someone else, then you'd be able to make your collisions more accurate.
Moderators, please put and end to this callousness somehow.
Mick Berg.

Well at least I can say that I was in a REAL train crash and can still say that these FAKE pics don't bother me. I was in an excursion train that derailed due to both truck problems and a dogleg in the track. The ironic thing is I helped take the dogleg out over the summer. (there used to be a switch that was taken out. That's what caused the dogleg.)

Trying to simulate a realistic crash...

Screen048.jpg

Luckily, the CP loco only rammed the wall "slighty" and pushed the coach of the tracks, nobody was hurt. :)

Yes the collision was horrible and the loss of life horrific, but for MOST of us we don't act like there were people aboard. (VERY bad taste and timing Cookie).

I don't enjoy when a train crashes, but I get some satisfaction about figuring out why it happened. Lets look at the tragic CA collision. It is horrible but I am facinated that the accident involved telescoping. Telescoping is a rare beast now-a-days due to stronger railcar construction. As you probably know it used to be an occurance in almost every collision that involved wooden "coffin cars."

And don't tell me that you didn't laugh at the futurama episode where everyone becomes stupid and the mayor responds to a train wreck by sending more trains.

There is a difference between real life and Trainz. And also, I am a proud supporter of TRS09 having better collsion physics. That way when I have accidents, it will at least be realistic. Or maybe have an AI crash the train on purpose so that I can create a scenario where you drive a wreck train to the accident to help clean up.

It was the truth, I am not going to lie and say not many people were on the train. The damn train was packed. And how is it bad timing, what the hell? Its a crash thread, so how do you manage to single out my shot from all of the rest and say bad taste?

It was the truth, I am not going to lie and say not many people were on the train. The damn train was packed. And how is it bad timing, what the hell? Its a crash thread, so how do you manage to single out my shot from all of the rest and say bad taste?

Did you hear about the tragic MetroLink crash, 25 people lost their lives and 100s more injured and you don't seem to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back