Norfolk Southern Plans Heritage Units!!!

:cool: It may be a joke, but it is all over the web.

In the next few weeks, as early as next week, we will see the results.

As far as operating ratio, the Southern Railway System was the last railroad operating in the black before all the big mergers.

...and I'm not so sure it isn't real...

that sou unit is fake that is actually a KCS gevo with a bit of photo shopping and another thing to know its fake is the position of the headlight.. ns allways has cab mounted headlights not nose mounted headlights. sorry to ruin it for ya'll

they should have a highhood GEVO custom built to Honor Southern RR correctly because a regular GEVO doesnt do it Honor

[h=1]"Norfolk Southern heritage units won't get special road numbers"[/h] [Published: February 17, 2012]

NORFOLK, Va. — "Norfolk Southern has no plans to use special road numbers for the 18 heritage units detailed on yesterday's News Wire. With only 10 SD70ACes on order, their road numbers will be NS 1065-1074, while eight ES44ACs will be selected from the 25 units currently on order that will be numbered NS 8091-8115."

"All 35 locomotives are scheduled for delivery this spring. TRAINS will report more information about the program as it comes available."

As Don (oltmand) said (paraphrasing); "this thing may be subject to change at any time", but I would defer to the magazine's staff. They seem to have the inside track on information on this project....
As we have all read and seen the list as published and copied earlier in Forum Threads. Thirty-five units seems to be the highest number mentioned so far.

What are you talking about? Norfolk and Western had the best fleet of steam engines and most efficient ones. A train in a shed is no place for a engine. Reminds me how sad It was when the Dash 7s were replaced :(. I love how nobody seems to care about our history and just puts it aside like garbage. I mean is nobody with me to bring back our history to life?

Well, read my posts and think, then you'll know what I'm talking about. Whether N&W had a great fleet of steam or not makes no difference. N&W for one, no longer exists. Mainline use steam hasn't happened since 1965 on N&W, therefore, parts aren't just lying around anymore. This is business, not your local foamer club. You may say, "a train shed is no place for a engine". Norfolk Southern may say, "N&W 1218 & 611 are no place for our money", simple as that. They are getting their PR in 4501 and 630, they don't need 1218 or 611.
As for the Dash 7's, Lord have mercy, please, try to use a more educated stance. Of course Dash 7's are gone off mainlines, they had problems with them. They weren't built to run mainline service for more than about 25 years, and as such, they don't. You can find a few running on shortlines. An engine that breaks down, doesn't make money. Every minute in the repair track, is a minute they're losing money. Plenty of history has been brought back to life, you can't save every unit built. It won't happen, there's no place for that.

"Norfolk Southern heritage units won't get special road numbers"

[Published: February 17, 2012]

NORFOLK, Va. — "Norfolk Southern has no plans to use special road numbers for the 18 heritage units detailed on yesterday's News Wire. With only 10 SD70ACes on order, their road numbers will be NS 1065-1074, while eight ES44ACs will be selected from the 25 units currently on order that will be numbered NS 8091-8115."
"All 35 locomotives are scheduled for delivery this spring. TRAINS will report more information about the program as it comes available."

As Don (oltmand) said (paraphrasing); "this thing may be subject to change at any time", but I would defer to the magazine's staff. They seem to have the inside track on information on this project....
As we have all read and seen the list as published and copied earlier in Forum Threads. Thirty-five units seems to be the highest number mentioned so far.
I did not expect them to use a special number series for these units, they are going right behind the current units of each model. As for the 35 that is the total number of new GE and EMD units on order for 2012. Only going to be 18 heritage units.

Paul

Back