Tutorials in TS 2010

CharlesWilson

DEar All,

I have just downloaded TS 2010 the manual shows there being tutorials on the main menu. Tutorials, routres, scenarios, saved sessions and railyard.

The only problem is there is no tutorials on my copy. Does anyone know how I get into the Tutorials.

Thank you

Charles

This is a guess - try clicking the gold star. By default most items are not listed (crazy, I know).

John

DEar All,

I have just downloaded TS 2010 the manual shows there being tutorials on the main menu. Tutorials, routres, scenarios, saved sessions and railyard.

The only problem is there is no tutorials on my copy. Does anyone know how I get into the Tutorials.

Thank you

Charles

Some of my menu options were missing too - I had to repair some items in the database. Try this:

- Start Content Manager
- Set up a search, Location=Local, Faulty=Yes
- Select all the items in the list
- Right-click and choose Display Errors/Warnings

This will verify all the faulty items. It might take some time to complete, but when I did this extra menu items appeared next time I restarted.

I had this same issue when I first installed trainz2010. This was just one symptom among several. I had to delete trainz completely and do a fresh download brfore it would work. Go into CM and find out if your content is full of errors. If so, you probably have the same problem as I did.

I had this same issue when I first installed trainz2010. This was just one symptom among several. I had to delete trainz completely and do a fresh download brfore it would work. Go into CM and find out if your content is full of errors. If so, you probably have the same problem as I did.

I would try the method I gave above before re-downloading everything. The content errors are not necessarily errors but unverified assets - re-downloading might fix it, but when a simple fix in CMP will do the trick, why bother?

How do I get into Content Manager

DEar All,

As a first time user how do I get into Content Manager. I expected much better from Trainz

Regards

Charles

Charles,

In TRS2006 it was an option in the program's main menu - Manage Content. I don't have TS2010 so I don't know if it's the same or not.

There are some useful tutorials for CMP here - they're probably also ok for TS09 and TS10 with some minor differences.

John

DEar All,

As a first time user how do I get into Content Manager. I expected much better from Trainz

Regards

Charles
Charles,

When you start 2010 the initial screen lists:
Start
Options
Content
Manual

on the left side, and
Website
Extras
Forums
Quit

on the right.

To access CMP click on content :wave:

Cheers

Ron

What next

Ok I found Tutorials in the Content Manager but how do I get that in the game to play. I'm starting to think I should ask for my money back how can a game have so many bugs.

Regards

Charles

Charles,

According to other people you need to click the gold star at the top of the list of routes and sessions. Otherwise most of them aren't listed. Crazy I know.

Hope this helps, keep asking, keep posting,

John

Gold star??

DEar John,

Thank you for your help. Could someone please explain where this gold star is supposed to be?

Regards

Charles

DEar John,

Thank you for your help. Could someone please explain where this gold star is supposed to be?

Regards

Charles

I think the Gold Star advise should be ignored as far as accessing Tutorials goes. I certainly haven't clicked on it, and I can still access the Tutorials.

From the Trainz Launcher (thats the Menu that's disaplyed when your click on the Trainz Desktop Icon) if you click the button next to "Start" the next thing you see should be the Main Menu panel (looks like picture on pg 8 of the manual). It shows 5 boxes, the first of which is the icon for Tutorials. If you do not see this there may be something wrong with your install. Clicking on it should bring up the 4 tuturial icons.

Phil

Hey there.

This problem can occur if Trainz 2010 has encountered problems during installation and is a strong indicator that the content set has been corrupted and needs repairing. An extended database repair should fix this issue.

I hope this solves your problem if you haven't got it working already.

Regards,
James

2010 EE is different

Hi all,
I got the DVD version mailed out and it would not even run.Kept giving me a windows error.Yep,I reinstalled windows,cleaned up my HD and reinstalled 2010EE.Today it is running fine,but like a lot of others,Im having trouble getting my head around it.However I will persist.
First impressions are good,but can someone tell me why there is so little content to work with.Tracks and signals have me worried.There are no aussie tracks and no qld rail signals,and what happened to the feature in world where by you could change water colour etc???? Im sure it will all come out in the wash,so come on Auran,do some washing:confused:

As others have said, look for a gold star somewhere and click it. From what I've read, by default only items marked "Favorite" are shown.

As others have said, look for a gold star somewhere and click it. From what I've read, by default only items marked "Favorite" are shown.

As I said in a post above, I doubt this is the problem. You say "From what I've read"" ? From what I can see from my use of TS2010, the gold star doessn't appy to the Tutorials.

To the OP: It seems likely that something has been corrupted during install. I would try the extended database repair as suggested above. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall - make sure your Antivirus is disabled during the install. I would also suggest starting CMP to allow it to sort out content before you "Start" the game.

Phil

Last edited:
Start up Trainz and then select the Start option. The Tutorials icon should be the top left option. If not, then select Main Menu -> Options and tick "Compatability mode for older content". Exit out of Trainz completely and restart Trainz. The Tutorial option should now be available.

This seems to do the trick and presumably the tutorials use old content.

Paul

Start up Trainz and then select the Start option. The Tutorials icon should be the top left option. If not, then select Main Menu -> Options and tick "Compatability mode for older content". Exit out of Trainz completely and restart Trainz. The Tutorial option should now be available.

This seems to do the trick and presumably the tutorials use old content.

Paul

I don't need to do this for the Tutorials to be visible.

Phil.

I don't need to do this for the Tutorials to be visible.

Phil.

That I can't explain. Just to be sure I tried this several times and each time I got the same result. But I had just reinstalled TRS2010.

I'm not sure what "older content" means in this context. The TRS2010 release material claims it works with TRS2009 content so perhaps it means TRS2006 or earlier. It did strike me as odd that Auran would release a product that needed older assets for one of its menu items.

I'm getting other "odd" behaviour. Sometimes Trainz just fails to start. One time I got the version number in the middle of the screen and nothing else. The Trainz icon did appear in the taskbar.

And, for some inexplicable reason, my installation is now working with OpenGL. It was crashing before. I'm very confused. Perhaps its the heat.

Paul

Back