A question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ir's not a problem as long is it conforms to the signature size requirements. Please see the Auran Trainz Code of Conduct at the top of your browser window. It is a link.

Cheers

AJ

I hope the server can stand good-quality shots. I've posted some trainz shots elsewhere and they turned out to be rather blurry. :eek:

Don't post the picture as a signature, but can you post what you want to use?

I would suspect you would need to sharpen the picture, be it a captured shot or not. But if your program allows for it, save it for web, or similar wording.

See my signature (at the moment)

PS: What was wrong with this thread here and the multiples of other threads about signatures?

They've never mentioned anything about pics in trainz, as far as I've read. :eek:

But if it agrees with the Code of Conduct is there a logical reason not to use it as a signature? :eek:

a logical reason to minimize the use of sig pix has to do with bandwidth. every time someone opens a thread that has sigpix in it, well for those of us who are still on dial up, (if its a big one) it really slows opening the thread way down. i'm on forums elsewhere that allows big sigpix and it gets to be a pain, especially for those of us on dial up once we've seen the image in question a zillion times.

i notice code says 800x100 and 30k. and i've seen, there's a number of little ones on here and those seem to be ok and no problem.

and appearantly there IS a picture thread somewhere to show images off in.

maybe even a seperate gallery page accessable from the button bar might be a thought for place to share screenshots, images of prototypes, asset works in progress and so on.

basically its the same logic and need as limiting size of avatar pictures too.

(just my personal observation on such matters)

(the other thing about bandwidth is someone somewhere is paying for it)

=^^=
.../\...

Last edited:
Perhaps when my sig is ready I could PM a moderator and ask them if it's acceptable. :eek:
Seeing that you don't seem to be able to make decisions on your own, that might be the best way to go....however, if after doing so and getting it approved, you ask something like: "The mods approved my signature, is there any logical reason why I shouldn't post it?"....people will turn on you like ravenous dogs....:cool:

I'n not saying Freightcar2 (FC2) is doing this, but since FC2 wants to ask if his proposed signature is okay, I believe that he may be trying to get others to do the "work" for him.

Copyright for signatures
If you take an image that you took YOURSELF of an item that is not yours, then you still hold the copyright to that photo/captured shot that YOU took. (Changed my idea on this after I remembered that the actual image is the authors, and not the maker of the item/s)

To FC2, you have at the moment "Re-posting in old threads" under your username, but by the looks of it, you don't seem to be searching for suitable threads for each of your subjects. And if an "old" thread deals with the same issue, then I wouldn't call it an old thread, as it is relevant.

To FC2, you have at the moment "Re-posting in old threads" under your username, but by the looks of it, you don't seem to be searching for suitable threads for each of your subjects. And if an "old" thread deals with the same issue, then I wouldn't call it an old thread, as it is relevant.

I found no threads concering that subject. :(

Freightcar2, I couldn't find "any threads", on your subject either! (within 7/100ths of a second)

But seriously Freightcar2, to help, if you are not sure if your signature is okay, why not post it within the body of the post, and let others see. -
* but see next question first, BEFORE posting it *

Important FC2: I just noticed something that Themnax brought up, is the picture yours?

Last edited:
Freightcar2,
As long as the image is no wider than 800 pixels, no taller than 100 pixels, and the filesize is no larger than 30k, then you're ok.

If you're worried about someone saying that the screenshot that you made it out of (which you took in Trainz) is of their object(s), then don't worry.

Technically, you're not doing anything wrong, and you can always change it if they ask you to.

So go ahead and do it.

BTW, the policing of banner sizes is poor at best.
I had a message from a mod about a year ago, who was obviously on some sort of power trip (sat in his bedroom, on his computer, lol) telling me my banner was oversized, and he told me that it was an official warning.
I still laugh at that so much, I almost pee myself. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

The funniest thing about it was (and it's still true today) that there were/are many,many banners that break the rules by being 500k+ or 250 pixels tall, or both, and they never get a warning. :confused:
Go ahead and take a quick look around the forums, and you'll find a handful straight away.

Anyway, my point is, don't beat yourself up about it too much.
If the mods have a problem with the banner, I'm sure they'll let you know, in a professional manner, and then you can change it.

If you don't know how to get it to the right filesize, or you don't use graphic programs, then upload the image to imageshack or the like, and link to it here, and I'll create a banner for you that conforms to all the rules.

Smiley.

Freightcar2,
As long as the image is no wider than 800 pixels, no taller than 100 pixels, and the filesize is no larger than 30k, then you're ok.
But he may not be okay, see back on track below.

I wrote:
Important FC2: I just noticed something that Themnax brought up, is the picture yours?
Freightcar2 replied: I found no threads concerning that subject.

But next post:
Whoops! Never noticed them :eek: :'( and never searched for them! Sorry!

Back on track
Reply to "Important FC2": What picture? :confused:
The picture you want to use, but going by your reply, the picture may not be yours.
If you have not taken the picture, then you must by law, ask for permission to use it from the person who took the picture, so did you take the picture (& the same applies to captured images)? Freightcar2, their are various threads on copyright if the picture/image is not yours.

I'm not giving advice here, but their are many layouts &/or routes in all simulators that are part fiction, and partly based on real rail/tramways.

Smileyman, if I was you & your signature was the right size, and you got a warning, I would have "asked" for the warning to be removed.

My own opinion, even 800 pixels is too wide, as their are still many people who have screens (or who prefer) screen sizes that are only suitable 800x600. And 800x600 is also easier on the eyes.

Last edited:
Don't worry. I'll find something suitable for all. But It will be MY picture. Nobody else's. Now, can you guys at Auran please close this thread?

Before the "kind" (cough, urrr cough urr cough) :hehe: moderators close this thread, it may not look like it places, but people were only trying to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back