What We Could Use

stouthm

Get over it
I don't intend for this to be a gimme thread. My thinking is that if other route builders could use an item they could list it here and maybe some of the many talented creators might look in on this thread and see an item that they would like to make and in the process help others. I realize that many of the creators have a lot on their plates but at least there will be a place where they can see what others are asking for without being gimme pigs. I use containers a lot in my routes and in populating the various ports and container facilities it gets to be a pain placing individual containers throughout the areas. So, what I could use is a group of containers in a row or a grouping of containers. Yes, I know there are some out there, I use them, but they're outdated and need to be upgraded. I mean no disrespect to the authors of those containers. The individual ones are weathered and look realistic. I could use 20 and 40 ft. containers but any size would be great.

Any one who wants to add to this thread is welcome. Lets see what happens. Thanks.

This thread could be more of "can you help me find something", or "I'm looking for... and does anyone know if it's available..." type thing rather than a suggested content.

Having said this, there are some updated containers on the DLS, I think by some of the European creators, MSGSapper, and Jointed Rail, socalwb909 has some updated ones as well.

John

I'm using the following stacked containers, by Pierreren, on one of my routes,. They're on the DLS.

Containers-002 (kuid:427808:27549)

Containers-003 (kuid2:427808:27646:1)

Containers-005 (kuid2:427808:27047:1)

Joe

I'm going to do some but it might be a week or two. I've been collecting pix of various containers for a while now.

Thanks everyone for replying.

@ John - I've been here a long time and know enough to look around before I post something. I have socalwb909's containers and some others but they are all individual containers. What I could use are nice looking containers in a row, stacked , or grouped together so that I don't have to align each container.

@Joe - they are the items that I was referring to. I am using these until I find something else

@ Dave - I was hoping that you might chime in. Anything you make is worth waiting for. Thanks.

Search CM first line enter:
stack
Then
Keywords : container
List of 7 stacks
May need to be updated....
I don't know how good they look but their stacked

Last edited:
This tread is a great idea.

Does anyone know where I could find a winch used to pull empties into position. I would prefer steam powered ;). I know of a few donkey engines on the DLS, but I would like a fixed winch maybe with steam pipes running to it from the mine. Something like the ones below.

190739pr.jpg

large picture link below

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cpdUe8G71...M78T9vvu0/s1600/P1010417+wheels+and+steam.JPG

Dave

That actually doesnt look all that hard to make and animate. The problem is the pipes. Would they go straight in the ground or would they run down at an angle? Someone might pick this up in the future.

Last edited:
xcrossi - I've seen them and have used some of them. I'm looking for containers like socalwb909 made but in a row, stacked or in a group. His containers really look used. Thanks for replying.

That actually doesnt look all that hard to make and animate. The problem is the pipes. Would they go straight in the ground or would they run down at an angle? Someone might pick this up in the future.

I think I would like to see the pipes lead into the ground to give the idea that the boiler is located some place else.

Dave

This thread seems to go in the direction of a "wish list bucket". So here is my small wish: You drive your consist and have whatever wheel noise the track makes. Get into a tunnel.. and the noise is the same. No good! Can we have a tunnel track that generates the booming sound a train makes when inside the small space? Now I trick this and using an elaborated way, I can do it, but is complicated. A simple "tracktunnelsound" would be very nice..

Dave, I noticed that you posted at 1:43 AM. Don't you sleep? In answer to your question, yes. Not any higher than 4 and if possible a stack of two high in a line. I don't mind if it's a spline. Thanks,

Dave, I noticed that you posted at 1:43 AM. Don't you sleep? In answer to your question, yes. Not any higher than 4 and if possible a stack of two high in a line. I don't mind if it's a spline. Thanks,

Sleep? Oh yeh! I know there was something I've been trying to remember to do!

ill try to make some splines.

Back