SO Sad...

targanon

Targ (Chris)
you know its such a sad thing that after the twelve months that I have been unable to get files off the DLS and have created content for trainz..

that I have not been able to update the files some 1100+ files on the update list. not because the list is broken and not clearing them but because Auran are too mean to give sufficient bandwidth to allow anyone to keep their game up to date...

its not like I did not pay full price for my game but I actually paid for it twice... once when I got it on steam then found out that by getting it on steam made it so I was not on the same version as everyone else and the multi player mode was basically non-existent.

if this was a free program I would expect the sort of customer support that I have received from auran..

rant over

now lift ya act and open up the bandwidth so that I can update my game its be on for the last 3 weeks and still not done didily.... Oh an ya Android release needs to support a keyboard not all tablets are without such technology... transformer prime anyone...

its extremely hard to create content when I'm not even upto date ...

O boy, I fear I will sound harsh again. Just remember: Do not shoot the messenger.

I have been unable to [] have created content for trainz..
Go learn how :). Nobody is stopping you from it. Loads of documentation for that out there. Just search for it; it is out there.
There are even forums to help you.

that I have not been able to update the files some 1100+ files on the update list. not because the list is broken and not clearing them but because Auran are too mean to give sufficient bandwidth to allow anyone to keep their game up to date...
Funny, because when I did not have a FCT I just let me PC run a few nights on end to download those updates and I was done. I don't care if it goes slow, I am sleeping anyway :sleep: .

So, you are able to download those updates, but you just decided not to.
Did you know you can let the in-game update downloader run while you are doing other stuff. If not: Now you know.

For the record: If you have technical problems that prevent you from downloading at all; start a topic about or contact the helpdesk. There are loads of us out here that are willing to help. Slow downloading without a FCT is just part of life / your choice and we can not help you with that.

You paid for the game and the option to download stuff. As far as I can see it nowhere states that you paid for a high bandwidth to come with that.
In other words: You got what you paid for.
Then you went to Steam and got the game for less then half the price and could not play MP.

For both things (the content creating and the slow downloading): Sure, it takes time (without experience or a FCT), sometimes a lot of time. Patience is required. But ask yourself: If you did not have the patience in the first place, why are you playing a train simulator? If you want higher speeds, go play a flight simulator ;).

As I may have stated before, just buying the game does not give you an automatic right for unlimited downloads at fast speeds. If people did not buy First Class Tickets, N3V would not last for long. The First Class Tickets help to cover the day-to-day running costs of the Download Station.

Shane

Just as an aside, with both 2009 and 2012 I have never been able to use CMP to download any files larger than 1.99 MB in size. I could download them through the FTP pages, but not through CMP. As soon as I bought a 1st Class ticket CMP worked fine.

What's with that?

Just as an aside, with both 2009 and 2012 I have never been able to use CMP to download any files larger than 1.99 MB in size. I could download them through the FTP pages, but not through CMP. As soon as I bought a 1st Class ticket CMP worked fine.

What's with that?

Sounds like something is timing out on your PC.

484874_10151429579700729_1298845128_n.jpg

Are you using a wifi connection? I have to and it's slow as a snail. But please don't whine about auran. I'm sure they try their best, and with people in all different time zones it's not easy to run a company like theirs.

Sounds like something is timing out on your PC.

Doubt it. When I tried to download large files without an FCT the download would proceed ro 99%, then the download speed would slowly drop to zero. If I sorted the files by size from small to large everything would download just fine until it reached the first file with a size of 1.99 MB. Others have reported the same issue, and no resolution has ever been found.

What's with that?
TRS2006 ran just fine on my old computer, but with both 2009 and 2010 I could never get them to run right with any settings. As soon as I bought a new computer they worked just fine. What's with that? :cool:

Someone told me is that CMP in TS12 does not open asset folder but rather redirects to my documents. Is it true, I am planning to buy TS12, or is it just rare individual issue? If not, then it is sad, because many other things I looked there and read about are amazing but I want to be able to put my content in TS12. Anyone familiar with this problem of redirection, what's the most likely cause?

In TS12 CMP will open for edit in this folder ("your TS12 folder"\user-data\editing). I do not rememember ever having to direct it from anywhere else.

In my opinion, TS12 is the best version yet and I have used them all right from the beginning with the "Community edition".

Peter

As I've stated in another thread, the only time that that can happen is when Trainz/Content Manager are not run as administrator in Windows Vista/7/8.

Shane

P.S. Disabling UAC usually has the same effect, but is not something I recommend.

O boy, I fear I will sound harsh again. Just remember: Do not shoot the messenger.
Bang........

Go learn how :).

I said I have created content both in the form of a route and am currently working on my second a mammoth task in tailing 245K's of track and loops and track side scenery going out 6 boards because to get the full picture I need to...

I don't need to learn how I have also created a number of objects and track side objects to go along with my first route... that not only included the train routes of port of Brisbane but a good amount of the trucking traffic in the area as well...

Funny, because when I did not have a FCT I just let me PC run a few nights on end to download those updates and I was done. I don't care if it goes slow, I am sleeping anyway :sleep: .

I have tried that... and I had a FCT... but it has run out 12months goes fast when ya busy you know.....
Did you know you can let the in-game update downloader run while you are doing other stuff. If not: Now you know.

I didn't need you to tell me this I kinda am smart enough to work these things out you know like DHER

For the record: If you have technical problems that prevent you from downloading at all; start a topic about or contact the helpdesk. There are loads of us out here that are willing to help. Slow downloading without a FCT is just part of life / your choice and we can not help you with that.

I have put support tickets in and am sick of not being responded too!

You paid for the game and the option to download stuff. As far as I can see it nowhere states that you paid for a high bandwidth to come with that.
Then you went to Steam and got the game for less then half the price and could not play MP.

This is the bit that actually got me fired enough to even bother to reply to you....
Ok for starters I bought the steam version first and found that I could not join with others because my build number was different and was way behind.... I didn't buy it on steam because it was cheap.... I'm not cheap.... I bought it there because I saw the add and the link took me to steam....

AT this point I found the forum again and then I found out it was not the same as the version everyone else was using so I uninstalled the steam version and bought the NV3 version.... at full price no discounts on when I bought it. I also at that time bought a 12 months FCT..

YEp I agree I did get what I paid for.... I'm just a little put out that after 2 weeks of leaving my computer on and with the Trainz12 down loader running I"m no further progressed in the the content update..

For both things (the content creating and the slow downloading): Sure, it takes time (without experience or a FCT), sometimes a lot of time. Patience is required. But ask yourself: If you did not have the patience in the first place, why are you playing a train simulator? If you want higher speeds, go play a flight simulator ;).

I think you should maybe go do some research before you flame me as a noob or a tosser... do a search on my user name do you know how to do that....???

you'll find a fair amount of content created by me not as much as a large number of others... you'll also find that my content is of a high level of detail... and very accurate, I create RL content.. or close to it.

but you may not have enough PC to run my content so don't blame me that the engine is so old that it can't make use of the multi cpu and huge video card we have today.. but if you have a beast like I do you will have not problems... oh you will need to find some content I used but do the search you'll find a thread containing all the info you need to get it up and running....

Bang........

I said I have created content both in the form of a route and am currently working on my second a mammoth task in tailing 245K's of track and loops and track side scenery going out 6 boards because to get the full picture I need to...

I don't need to learn how I have also created a number of objects and track side objects to go along with my first route... that not only included the train routes of port of Brisbane but a good amount of the trucking traffic in the area as well...

I have tried that... and I had a FCT... but it has run out 12months goes fast when ya busy you know.....

I didn't need you to tell me this I kinda am smart enough to work these things out you know like DHER

I have put support tickets in and am sick of not being responded too!

This is the bit that actually got me fired enough to even bother to reply to you....
Ok for starters I bought the steam version first and found that I could not join with others because my build number was different and was way behind.... I didn't buy it on steam because it was cheap.... I'm not cheap.... I bought it there because I saw the add and the link took me to steam....

AT this point I found the forum again and then I found out it was not the same as the version everyone else was using so I uninstalled the steam version and bought the NV3 version.... at full price no discounts on when I bought it. I also at that time bought a 12 months FCT..

YEp I agree I did get what I paid for.... I'm just a little put out that after 2 weeks of leaving my computer on and with the Trainz12 down loader running I"m no further progressed in the the content update..

I think you should maybe go do some research before you flame me as a noob or a tosser... do a search on my user name do you know how to do that....???

you'll find a fair amount of content created by me not as much as a large number of others... you'll also find that my content is of a high level of detail... and very accurate, I create RL content.. or close to it.

but you may not have enough PC to run my content so don't blame me that the engine is so old that it can't make use of the multi cpu and huge video card we have today.. but if you have a beast like I do you will have not problems... oh you will need to find some content I used but do the search you'll find a thread containing all the info you need to get it up and running....

You sure have whining honed to a science.

Someone told me is that CMP in TS12 does not open asset folder but rather redirects to my documents. Is it true, I am planning to buy TS12, or is it just rare individual issue? If not, then it is sad, because many other things I looked there and read about are amazing but I want to be able to put my content in TS12. Anyone familiar with this problem of redirection, what's the most likely cause?

Normally TS12 behave the same as 2009 regarding editing, if I remember correctly, one user made the mistake of installing Trainz in a limited account on a multi user PC which caused problems such as open for edit opening the my documents folder and not the Editing folder, think it may have had some sort of parental controls on the account which was the main cause. It is most definitely not a normal occurrence.

As I've stated in another thread, the only time that that can happen is when Trainz/Content Manager are not run as administrator in Windows Vista/7/8.

Shane

P.S. Disabling UAC usually has the same effect, but is not something I recommend.

And disabling UAC can have other consequential issues with user access to files beyond just allowing things to run. This is of course besides the fact that this can leave a machine wide open for malware even with antimalware software running. I never knew this before, but I saw a video on this over at Microsoft's MSDN Dev site.

So, never disable UAC. Run the program with other credentials as you've mentioned. This is the safer way to do things.

John

Back