That blasted script error in Trainz 12

haddock56

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this but has anyone else using Trainz 12 had a little red bug come up in the screen and then find your train invisible? I had this problem before, found it was a script error in the couplers and also found a script error for the cab on all of my installed JR engines, with only a few exceptions. I even had three payware engines throw up the script error (BNSF 9-44CW, Conrail C40-8, and UP SW1500. After I fixed the issue with the couplers the C40-8 showed a script error with the cab. Has anyone been able to fix this error so it doesn't show up again?? If you need additional info, see my previous thread entitled 'Script Exceptions in TS12'. Link: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?97323-Script-exceptions-in-TS12

did you try the methods to address this that i left in the other thread? you never said if you did this or not.

since all of the assets are in working order there must be some mismatch somewhere. they work for everyone else as far as i know, and they work on my machine when i create them.

Gahh darn my crazy mind..............Yeah I did try them, it worked for the coupler issues but I couldn't figure out the cab script thing on the C40-8. I was just wondering if someone had found a solution to stop these things popping up in Trainz 12. Trainz 2010 had no problems at all. But the ATSF SD45s and the SP content that's built-in to Trainz 12 are a real nice group of engines. I don't have Trainz on my computer at the moment.

Gahh darn my crazy mind..............Yeah I did try them, it worked for the coupler issues but I couldn't figure out the cab script thing on the C40-8.

exactly what 'coupler issues' did this fix? what is the 'cab script thing on the C40-8'?

I was just wondering if someone had found a solution to stop these things popping up in Trainz 12.

impossible to know because you have not described the problem.

Trainz 2010 had no problems at all.

ok.

But the ATSF SD45s and the SP content that's built-in to Trainz 12 are a real nice group of engines.

Thank you...

I don't have Trainz on my computer at the moment.

then what are we helping with again?

the only way to get any answers to your problems is to specifically say what the problem is, not just that there is a red bug. in order to solve the problem, say what asset you are using, the problem that is occurring, and the information related to that problem in the debug window.

Last edited:
That's why I provided the link to the other thread. In short, here's what happened. I started getting locomotives showing up invisible; even a whole train at one time was invisible in one of my created sessions on the Mojave Sub. When I exited and went back to Surveyor, I tried to delete the train and place another one there. Couldn't put an engine there bc there was another train there on a hidden layer. By following your instructions I was able to stop the script bug from showing up. By using a different built-in asset, I was able to run a lengthy trailer train headed by two C44-9W's, one of Frank's B40-8s, and two of the JR GP38's in the weathered BN livery all the way across the Mojave Sub. Not only did this happen with your engines, but also Lilb's GS-4. Other engines had no such trouble and one culprit was found to be a railcar. I put a trailr train on one end of the Mojave Sub once, and three GP60Ms on the head end, poised to couple to the train. Soon as the engines coupled up they went invisible. Still moving and all, but nothing but the smoke appeared. Horn and bell functioned, but nothing there whatsoever.

then what are we helping with again?

the only way to get any answers to your problems is to specifically say what the problem is, not just that there is a red bug. in order to solve the problem, say what asset you are using, the problem that is occurring, and the information related to that problem in the debug window.

I have here the complete script exception along with it's details. Content: ATSF SD45, C30-7, GP60M; SP SD40T-2 rear end helpers; SP C50-9 caboose; Tank Train tankers. Route: Mojave Sub; Location: Junction Marcel West. Script Exception: "Train: Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 1464, file train.gs(6) stack dump function $permit[]@ Train:: Take Permit on Track(bool), Line -1 Function$void@Train::Init(), line 1536" Shane, I hope this helps. I still don't know what's going on here.

This error was what came up also on the C40-8, though it was a cab issue. Soon as I go to go inside the cab, the engine disappears. You can find a screenshot of my BNSF trailer train on the Mojave sub in the USA Pics screenshot thread. Also check under 'find latest posts' on my profile if you don't feel like searching the screenshot thread. Again this was after I had tried to fix the error using different rolling stock and locomotives that didn't throw the script error.

Back