Trainz Forum Malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRichMan

Meh-Tra
I get a Chrome Malware alert when I try visiting this forum- http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?97891-VIA-Rail-Returns/page3

The last post was by kamran and I didn't get this before this person posted something.
Help, Auran?
mal_zpsbb808da9.png

That sounds like a rogue advertisement to me. Google are the ones who serve the ads, so they are the ones to contact.

Shane

I just reported it, it's a link in somebody's siggy that goes to a website which is flagged as an attack website.

Some of those anti malware things are overcautious, for example the website is clean, the website that's linked to is clean, but one of the links on the second link has a link to an attack site. It is a pain since there's too much of this crap on the internet;

263676_208284759215812_4030063_n.jpg

You can't even trust places like Cnet anymore since the pages are designed on purpose to make careless people click the wrong links.

I just reported it, it's a link in somebody's siggy that goes to a website which is flagged as an attack website.
You can turn off signatures in Settings>My Settings>General Settings>Thread Display Options and uncheck the Show Signatures box.

I turned them off last year because of the tedious and endless repetition, and to reduce page clutter. Maybe the risk of malware another good reason for doing it.

You can turn off signatures in Settings>My Settings>General Settings>Thread Display Options and uncheck the Show Signatures box.

I turned them off last year because of the tedious and endless repetition, and to reduce page clutter.

Maybe the risk of linking to malware another good reason for doing it.

You definitely don't need any spyware on your computer. I Had a 10 year old computer a few years back and it had got spyware on it. The entire hard drive got wiped out and my PC started opening a few programs on its own. Thank god I didn't have any personal info or credit card info up there.

It seems like even C NET MAY NOT be safe as people think.

I've down loaded some demo games from soft tonic.com, I have to filter the extra web browser soft ware which is vary annoying.

I'VE downloaded de crapifier software; www.decrapifier.com.

It has helped a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back