Serial number not found.

Hello everyone. I have tried looking all over the forums but I am coming up MT handed. I installed Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12 and when I enter my Serial number all I am getting back is "Serial number not found." I did an uninstall and re-installed. I enter the Key Code and had no problem with the install. I really could us some help here. I have entered my username and password right in the Content Manager.

Hello everyone. I have tried looking all over the forums but I am coming up MT handed. I installed Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12 and when I enter my Serial number all I am getting back is "Serial number not found." I did an uninstall and re-installed. I enter the Key Code and had no problem with the install. I really could us some help here. I have entered my username and password right in the Content Manager.

Try rerunning the install with your antivirus disabled and with Administrator priveledges. This should help with this issue.

Welcome to the Trainz forums and to Trainz program.

John

Did you register on https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

When you go to enter the serial number there, be sure to click the dropdown menu to select the version of Trainz 12 you actually have;

86391751.jpg

I did try the anti virus and giving it Admin access. No luck. I did try Trainz Sim 12. Still no luck. I think I might know what the problem is. I never got an E-Mail to verify my E-mail address. I check my junk folder and there is nothing there. Thanks for the help. I have been away from the Trainz world for some time. I started with TUC, 04, 06, 09. I really like them all. Now with 12 and 10 times more powerful computer this is the best version yet. I will keep working on the problem. Thank again. Have a great day. Fromaly Centralaz_Trainz.

You have at least two usernames so I would check which username you have the game registered under - did you register the serial number yet?

I try to register. I started a new user name and E-mail address hoping I would get to verify my new address and user name, but nothing has come in. I did log in to Planet Auran and had no problem with the new user name. I'm still getting the same message when I try to register. I getting head ache.

Okay, let's go back to basics.

"Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12"

"I started with TUC, 04, 06, 09"

Does that mean you have earlier versions of Trainz? Are you trying to enter the serial code for one of the old versions in the new TS12? Check that you have "Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12" and not "Railway Simulator powered by Trainz 12" and you have entered the NEW serial number in the CORRECT field on the Planet Auran serial number page? If you're trying to enter a TRS2004 serial number in "Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12" that won't work, you'll get invalid serial number. Likewise if you're trying to enter it in the Trainz Simulator 12 list that also won't work because it's a different set of serial numbers.

No, I don't have any of the software from the earlier version of Trainz. I am entering the code from the back of the book that came with Railroad Sim Powered by TS12. I don't even remember my old log in to the TS forms or Auran web site. This is a sticky one. Thanks for all your help. I never hurts to cover all the bases.

Two important questions.

Firstly, are you absolutely sure you didn't register it on your old account?

Secondly, did you select the correct TS12 version as stated above?

Shane

Two important questions.

Firstly, are you absolutely sure you didn't register it on your old account?

Secondly, did you select the correct TS12 version as stated above?

Shane

Hello Shane. I am very sure that I did not try to register on an old account. I have been out of the Trainz world for 3 years. I don't remember what my old account information is. I bought a new copy of RS Powered by TS12 and end the Keycode on the back of the book that came with the software. I did select TS12 as stated above. I was using Foxfire and then tried Internet Explorer. No luck. Thanks again for asking. With everyone's help I'll get it right. :confused:

Ah, but which option did you choose when attempting to register?

For most versions of TS12, it's the Trainz Simulator 12 entry.

For the Railway Simulator powered by TS12, you need to change the selection to Railway Simulator powered by TS12.

For the Railroad Simulator powered by TS12, you need to select Railroad Simulator powered by TS12.

The final TS12 option is the 10th Anniversary collector's edition.

Shane

YAHOOOOOOO! It worked. Thanks Shane. You Tutorial Index was a big help! I also noticed that in the select part there is a "Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12" I was selecting the wrong version of trainz.

Big Thanks to everyone for you help. I'm a happy camper to be back in the Trainz World once again. Take care everyone and have a great day. :udrool:

No problem. I'm used to assisting people when that kind of thing happens, just like everyone else in this thread. You may want to bookmark my tutorial index thread though, as I've got several tutorials covered there.

Shane

P.S. Sniper297 did also make a similar suggestion as well.

Back