Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

Hi. I tried PMing you but your mailbox is full. Here is what I wrote:

I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten about you. I have made a substantial effort to ride the SL-V but just haven't since our last conversation. I hope to get more info and textures of the interior. It's just that the handful of times I've ridden SEPTA the last several weeks, I've only gotten SL-IVs. (But I have some potentially good textures of those...lol). I suppose I could always try and see if I can ask for a look at a SL-V at the West Trenton layover.

Good work on your Market East. Funny that your floor tiles in one of the above pics look the same as mine, although the station as a whole looks pretty close to done. If you upload it, remember that the cut-off for pre-TS12 stuff is in a week and a half. It looks like I'm going to have to rush my catenary to meet that deadline.

In any case, keep up the good work! :)

Thanks RR. I can get back to doing a releasable Market East for you. This taught me texture replacement. Those dest. boards will definitely work when I'm done. I didn't know there's about to be a cutoff for '10. I planned to send you directly anything you wanted. send these to you directly since I know you have interest. Using superscript makes my next project easier. I was going to do the Silverliner IV too. Looking at what I have so far (just the textures), I can merge it as a skin. Different body configs, but alphas should get me around that. I guess I should update this to move into the the imported over there ('12) then. Anytime my box is full drop me a line here. I have some good pms that I don't want to lose. I try to keep 2 spots free. What 2 people are gonna pm me lol?

Edit: old man in me forgot that outbox msgs count too. I'm good now.

Last edited:
Hi. I tried PMing you but your mailbox is full. Here is what I wrote:

If you upload it, remember that the cut-off for pre-TS12 stuff is in a week and a half. It looks like I'm going to have to rush my catenary to meet that deadline.

In any case, keep up the good work! :)

I went up through page 4 on the end of support thread. All it changes is anything I'd release soon. Whatever I release, I'd want it somewhere that most users could have access. Gauging by support shown here (maybe 5 seriously like what I'm doing), sending anything via cdp would be my preferred method. I haven't looked into how free hosting sites (other than pics) operate, but maybe a veteran will help me out when it's time. I think the biggest reason I stayed in TS10 format was that I didn't see an exporter for 12 the last time I looked. Most responses in this thread are from people who still operate in the '10 and below environment. I haven't seriously done anything in '12 other than the 2 things (play with AJS junctions and ride the NEC) I wanted to. I prefer to stay in '10 but if needed this will be by '12 standards. I'm still working on meeting '10's standards lol.

Hello again. If my pictures would make you think otherwise, I still only plan to release things that are 100% my own (or freeware with a clear license to do so). Before I showed the last pictures of my work, I did credit how much I've learned from the Bombardier source file. Not for reskinning purposes, but for the purpose it claims to be for. To learn how to implement features, textures, etc. for your own meshes into the game. I read the license. I understand my pictures tend to jump around. It's how I learn. I enjoy it all. Not trying to start a bit of anything. My own eye would raise questions. No one has said anything to me. I could mention I remember Kieran's archived post about someone showing source code for the Bombardier four years ago ( I really am doing as much homework as possible). All I was showing was my learning that I could implement the features I wanted. The goal still is the SL-V, not Bombardier V :). In keeping with the livery choices, the base choice usually is unpainted right? That's still as far as I am.

Hello again. If my pictures would make you think otherwise, I still only plan to release things that are 100% my own (or freeware with a clear license to do so). Before I showed the last pictures of my work, I did credit how much I've learned from the Bombardier source file. Not for reskinning purposes, but for the purpose it claims to be for. To learn how to implement features, textures, etc. for your own meshes into the game. I read the license. I understand my pictures tend to jump around. It's how I learn. I enjoy it all. Not trying to start a bit of anything. My own eye would raise questions. No one has said anything to me. I could mention I remember Kieran's archived post about someone showing source code for the Bombardier four years ago ( I really am doing as much homework as possible). All I was showing was my learning that I could implement the features I wanted. The goal still is the SL-V, not Bombardier V :). In keeping with the livery choices, the base choice usually is unpainted right? That's still as far as I am.

I love how well it looks. Unpainted is nice lol :) If you need help with texturing it, let me know, maybe I could help.

Thanks Tigertrain and Trizzy :) . Yes, I would love any help I can get. Let me know what I need to do to make it easier for your help Trizzy. Here's an "I'm still working at it" picture:

It should be noted that the Silverliner V bogeys do not have third rail shoes, so perhaps the default M7 bogey is not the best choice here.

Hallo,

you have a nice project here building Philly.

There are also nice looking SEPTA rail cars. Just in case the streetcar system will be part of the project, I have some SEPTA stuff too :)

It should be released quite soon – together with all the seasonal buildings and structures indicated at the screens as well.

14066401251_a4122f0116_o.jpg

14089657103_5ed56fd197_o.jpg

14875499999_99e1015e85_o.jpg

15039215526_a0407863ff_o.jpg

14584372093_eff540c6cb_o.jpg

14564280545_3d8507c9e6_o.jpg

14563440512_9363079c2e_o.jpg

14560889141_2806100462_o.jpg

14377595280_5b549369bc_o.jpg

14377653638_f5c738d253_o.jpg

Your’s TUME

It should be noted that the Silverliner V bogeys do not have third rail shoes, so perhaps the default M7 bogey is not the best choice here.

Thanks Scott. I'm still working on the body. I have not moved inside, or to the trucks yet. I'm still trying to create the ends.

@Tume I'm already loving your work!

On the way to updating each time, I relive past updates. What an adventure lol. I've moved over to TS12, now that I can see the day of a new computer :). I'm still working on learning proper texturing. Pics to show it's error free in 12, but I'm still only outside. Bogeys and pantographs are placeholding. I would like to try my own and add a few sparks. There's also a visible fan for the A/C which is why it's that way for now. I also haven't redone the doors until I'm happy with what I see.

Thanks a lot Subway, I do wish one was already available. The most time consuming part for me now is learning all of the information about the correct process with this all. The more I learn, the more I want to get it all right.

This is cool mate, good to see you're sticking with it :)

I really appreciate it Scratchy!

Until I could prove I understand texturing, among things, I knew it would be hard giving something to look forward to. I've been trying to create stainless steel since I've started trying to create things. I'm putting work into the mapping and now, along with 30th street, I am learning how to texture better different materials. I've also wanted to restate how helpful Mick's Render to Texture tutorial helped me. Last time my pictures didn't quite back that up. That was all on me. Anyways, Tbumpenv'd :

Now to the next obstacle. I'm working on the bogey and have questions.

A billion pictures on http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locolist.aspx?id=SPAX&mid=115 (It sure would be nice If I could get a complete side shot of the bogey) What I know about the bogey is, it's a GSI model. Even after trying to find more about it, that's pretty much all I know. I know it's on an Acela. I just happened upon the drawing. I'm having a hard time finding measurements (any of them). Can anyone help me? Would all I need to create for this consist of just the wheels and the axle? I want more than basic, but I also don't want to create things that would never be seen. I have tried the Wiki ( http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/CCG/Modelling:_Bogeys ). Does anyone have additional sources of information they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks in advance!

Back