QR Beaudesert Branch Line

Good Morning All,

@H222 - You mentioned before that the profig trees where lagging the route as I didn't have enough computer power. Do you mind explaining to me how I could get more computer power.

Update!!

I have a few more shots here now. These are of a ARHS railmotor tour to Canungra. The shots where taken on the section between Bethania - Beenleigh.

-Cheers

Good Evening All,

It is nice to see you are all enjoying the screenshots and are posting replies. I thank all for your support on this project. I am using many photo's, images and DVD's for this project. "The Way It Was" DVD Volume 2 has great films of ARHS tours on the Beaudesert Branch Line. The book "Queensland's Railways South From Brisbane" also has a lot of the route in the both the QR ( Queensland Rail ) and BR ( Beaudesert Rail ) versions of the route. "The Beaudesert Shire Tramway" book that I have also has a few images of Beaudesert in it. I wish to thank all who have participated in this project by supplying images and plans of the route. A big thanks to Trainz89 for levelling the route and helping to locat sign locations and a big thanks to Petan for his help with track diagrams and information that has become valuable for this project. I will post more screenshots soon, Most likely later tonight and I hope you enjoy them.

-Cheers

Good morning all,

progress on the BBL is going well and I have finally fixed the lag with the profig trees. I will post some more screenshots up soon. Please stay tuned.

-Cheers

Good afternoon everyone.

@Dylan, very good to see that my editing and progress has come along well. I am really impressed with the progress. I will hopefully give you soon a custom Bethania Railway Station with platform & Beaudesert buildings.

@H222, its actually Michael Gitsham, littlebondi is Dylan. As Zec mentioned this is two different accounts with two very different people.

With Regards

Michael Gitsham
Queensland Heritage Railways

Good Morning All,

@H222 - You mentioned before that the profig trees where lagging the route as I didn't have enough computer power. Do you mind explaining to me how I could get more computer power.

-Cheers

You need to list your PC specs (CPU. GFX Card, Memory, HDD, Operating system(Windows XP, 7, or 8) for us to give you a good idea on what is needed to be improved to make your route run better.

I have well over 10000 pofig trees on my route and it runs at 40 FPS or better But I also run a fairly serious gaming rig as well. (Own my own IT business, so tailor build my personal systems) But with lower end PC's speedtrees and other placables in the route will add to the route losing frames per second when in surveyor and driver.

List your PC specs and we can see what may be able to be done to help you. Though any upgrades are a monetary outlay as well and if it's rather old system, better off saving for a new one :)

Cheers

Trent

Good Evening All,

@tanvaras, If you had have seen my later post, you would have found out that i fixed the profig tree issues, but I can certainly list my pc specs next post.

Screenshots of Bethania

-Cheers

ARHS Tour To Logan Village

Good Morning all,

Today I have some more screenshots of a ARHS tour - Logan Village. The tour was run by PB15 #738. You may be thinking that that is the aurans PB15 but it is not. I am testing out a beta of trainz89's PB15's that are soon to appear on the DLS. So here is some screenshots of the ARHS Tour.

I hope you have enjoyed them, Please stay tuned for more.

-Cheers

Update!!

Good Evening all,

Update!!

Today I did a heap of work on the BBL. I have done the scenery from Dairy Creek Road ( 3km south of Bethania ) to Logan Village. This is a big achievement. So, please enjoy the screenshots of PB15 #444 running the daily passenger train to Logan Village and back to STH Brisbane.

21692ac2a9e3d5c5c4d2d834c7960f70.jpg

Please stay tuned for more.

-Cheers

PB15, Water gin, CL, CLV

Good afternoon everyone,

Well its been a while since I have updated on the BBL. But today, I return with new screenshots. I have mainly been working on the textures and please leave a comment to tell what you think of the textures.

Please stay tuned for more updates

-Cheers

Good Evening All,

Here is just a update on the area around Logan Village. QR B15 #299, hauls a goods train to Logan Village, turns on the forkline and returns to Wooloongabba. In this train, we see a QR B15 #299 and a QR Camp Wagon undergoing testing on the Beaudesert Branch. These models were made by trainz89.

-Cheers

Update!!

Good Evening all,

The QR Beaudesert Branch Project has sadly been placed away to collect up dust for quit some time now due to the fact that I havent had enough time to work on it. Another thing that has also caused this is lack of interest on the forums. I find that there isnt much to keep me stimulated and it doesnt seem that a lot of people are interested in the project. For this reason I have decided to have a short rest before firing up again. No need to fear, I will still finish the project and release it for all of you to enjoy.

Thank you

Littlebondi - Bondonga Workshops General Manager - Rebuilding the Railways of Queensland

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Well with a bit of inspiration and bad weather, I have continued on with the QR Beaudesert Branch Line Project and so far its going really good. These screenshots below feature sections of the track between Logan Village and Jimboomba. Petan, if you would kindly give your thoughts on the accuracy on the track so far.

Top Screenshot: Coming into Logan Village from jimboomba with the Canungra Branch merging of to the right
2nd Screenshot: PB15 #444 on the forkline at Logan Village. This forkline was removed with the closure of the Canungra Branch in 1958
3rd Screenshot: PB15 #444 twists around the country side as she makes her way north to South Brisbane
Last Screenshot: PB15 #444 makes her way across the Waterford - Tamborine Road crossing. I had seen a photo of the crossing in the Logan Village Museum and I had copied the photo onto the map. All signs are placed as they were in 1960 along with the fence.

These screenshots have also been shown on the Australian Screenshots Thread

-Cheers

G'day, I have been quietly following this thread for some time, excellent work and will enjoy running this great Aussy route when it is done.
Keep up the great work.
Regards
Barrie

Good Evening,

Gremlin1812, Thanks for the kind words. Theres certainly more to come.

I am sure you all may have been getting sick of seing the Bethania - Logan Village section. So I decided to do a bit of work on the area around Wood Hill. Wood Hill is between Veresdale and Cedar Grove

QR PB15 #531 hauls a mixed train through Wood Hill

-cheers

Just a tip for textures....
Hold down [] for the direction to rotate whilst painting the ground, and turn the scale right down so none of the lights are lit up.

Good Evening All,

I have been working with a few content creators to bring a few treats to the BBL project. We have been working to create destonation boards reading Beaudesert, Logan Village and Bethania. We have also been working on creating a model of the Beaudesert station. There has been a model created of the Jimboomba station and hopefully ones soon of the Logan Village and Bethania station buildings. We are also working to create a model of the 40ft turntable from Beaudesert, water tank from Beaudesert and engine shed from beaudesert.

All of this custom content shallbe seen very soon on the route

-cheers

Back