QR Beaudesert Branch Line

LittleBondi

QR Trainzer
G, Day all

This is the home thread for my QR Beaudesert Branch Line Project. The route is based around the 1960's and I have attempted to use all metric measurements such as mile boards instead of speed boards

History of the branch

In April of 1885, A branch headed in Beaudesert's direction from Bethania, But only as far as Logan Village. The 43km extention finally reached Beaudesert in March 1888. Train's hauled mixed loads until 1929. In 1961, Beaudesert lost it's passenger service and in 1996 with the closure of the local meatworks, train's ran no more. In 2001, a grant was privided to a company called Beaudesert Rail with entensions to restore the line. In 2002, the first train left Beaudesert and in March 2003, steam hauled excursions began. Beaudesert Rail ceased operations in 2005. At the moment, The same people who created "The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail" are also planning to turn the Beaudesert Branch into a trail.

PB15 #738 at Beaudesert with a excursion train, August 1967

C17 #967 take's on water at Beaudesert

DH #1105 arrives at Bethania, 28 June 2003

The siding's and station's that will be included:

*Bethania - Junction of Branch and line to South Coast, track gang also here
*Waterford - 2 miles down the line, small rail motor stop. Track gang also here
*Buccan - 8 miles down the line, rail motor stop
*Logan Village - 11 miles down the line, junction for Canungra Branch until 1955. Track gang also here
*Bobermien - 14 miles down the line, isolated rail motor stop.
*Jimboomba - about half way down the line, pig race here, track gang also here
*Cedar Grove - cattle, cream and siding facilities, track gang also here
*Woodhill - Rail motor stop
*Veresdale - Rail motor stop, siding and cream shed. Track gang also here.
*Glen Eagle - Rail motor siding
*Bromelton - Cream Shed and rail motor siding.
*Beaudesert - Terminus of the branch at 43 miles. Turntable, goods, cattle race, watering and locomotive shed facilities here.

Hope you all enjoy the thread :)

-Cheers

Last edited:
G, Day all,

I started the route a while ago, bethania - Logan Village is 90% complete and Logan Village - Jimboomba is 5% complete, here are some screenshot's

PB15 #738 runs around it's train at Logan Village to return to Bethania

PB15 #? at the Jimboomba side of Logan Village

With work continueing out near Jimboomba, PB15's #738 & #444 bring goods and supplies to Logan Village for the workers.

That's all for now, The first to were from a while ago so I will take some of what it looks like now.

-Cheers

Here's some more

the township of Logan Village

Waterford station with the Logan River to the right

Bethania station

This block was cought for drink driving just across the road from the Logan Village Hotel. He treatend the cop's that he will through them in front of the next train. but, the next train is in 2 days :p

-Cheers

G, Day all,

I haven't posted here for a while but this is just a update. The screenshot's above is from my other QR Beaudesert Branch Line map. I have decided to build a new one properly. This new one is a DEM map one so it is true to be acurate. I will post some screenshot's soon. The QR Beaudesert Branch line is going to be joined onto trainz89's South Coast Line. I am currently working on the SCL and is almost ready to be joined to the new Beaudesert Branch. the BBL "Beaudesert Branch Line" will be also released by itself.

Thank you and good afternoon

-Cheers

Yes, The route will be in both standard and narrow gauge. I had to change it to a DEM so it was compatible with the SCL. Narrow gauge will be released shortly after the standard gauge because I know there is a lot of you narrow gauge people out there. I am trying to make the route suit everyone.

-Cheers

G, Day all,

Another update. I haven't had much time to post up screenshot's but I am trying to get at least one up. I have been thinking and thinking about the maps. I am not sure if I should release half the route and then the rest later. I have been playing along with it and it is quit easy with the DEM map. All building structures that were in place from around 1980 are marked out with a black rectangle or what ever there shape is. I will keep you all informed on the progress.

Thank you and good day. P.S. feel free to contact me or post any quistions.

-Cheers

G, Day all,

Just a few images of the QR BBL. I have done a little more after this shot but this is Waterford Looking South.

Now Waterford looking North along the line towards Bethania.

So I hope you all enjoyed the images and there will be another update very soon.

-Cheers

G, Day all,

Heres a update from me

Waterford looking South along the branch

Waterford looking North. Were all the trees are across the road from the houses is were Canterbury College is currently. I go to this school and know that the school was made in 1985. The period I am modeling is early 1960's as I have station layouts from 1962 so this was not able to be placed.

-Cheers more updates soon

Just adding on to the last post. These are the track diagrams I have of Beaudesert from 1961. Sadly the Cedar Grove, Jimboomba, Logan Village and Bethania diagrams were unable to be uploaded.

Please DO NOT copy these track diagrams WITHOUT permission from me.

-Cheers

Keep up the good work. I know the area well, especially Logan Village - good pub, great pizza shop. Take your time, and i for one look forward to the end result.

Bob (CRO)

Waterford looking North. Were all the trees are across the road from the houses is where SOME RANDOM PLACE is currently. I go to this school and know that the school was made in 1985

Yes, Let's just tell a bunch of people I don't know what my school is.

Please DO NOT copy these track diagrams WITHOUT permission from me.

-Cheers

What does copy mean? Also, unless these are explicitly yours I don't think you have the right to tell us what to do

Jamie

Keep up the good work. I know the area well, especially Logan Village - good pub, great pizza shop. Take your time, and i for one look forward to the end result.

Bob (CRO)

Thanks for the kind words CRO, I live out at Logan Village and drive past the line everyday so I know the terrain quit well. I am also looking forward to the end result.

-Cheers

What does copy mean? Also, unless these are explicitly yours I don't think you have the right to tell us what to do

Jamie

I was thinking the same thing, unless you created the image we don't have to ask you for permission but the original creator... from whom I doubt permission was gained :eek:

Excuse me,

H222, rbar_164, I would prefer it if you private messaged me instead of saying it on the thread. I don't wan't this conversation on my thread as it is not relivent to it. If you have something to say in the future please private message me. So unless you have something to say about the project, I suggest you don't say anything or if you think it is really important, please private message me.

I thought it was relevant... well we can just call it even for asking the whole Aussie forum when Michael would be on skype :hehe:

Last edited:
hey all,

Haven't done much on the route latelly. The things I have done is place down the station yards and correct them. I also bought "The Way it Was - Volume 2" yesterday to help me out with my route. The movie has a few tours running from Bethania - Beaudesert. So I am looking forward to that. This is a great photo I am going by to allow me to accuratly do the Beaudesert yard.
]
Beaudesert station in 1927. A great old pic that tells a lot. It shows that the station was mantained in good order and the grass isn't long. The flags there are there in preperation for the Duke of york visit in 1927.

And a PB15 arriving at Beaudesert in 1927. aboard the train is the Duke of York.

Both pictures also helped me out a lot. if you look at the platforms, the aren't high. They are the low platforms.

-Cheers
PS. Will post some screenshots soon

Last edited:
Update!

hello all,

Just an update on the Beaudesert Branch. I haven't done much apart from send the map over the Michael ( Trainz89 ) to be levelled. I am hopeless at levelling and it urned out good that I sen't it because. Jake QHRTrainz actuaaly has levels the branches so not much to do at the moment. i will definatly get into it the day it comes back.:D

-Cheers

G, day all,

iIt has been a while but I a posting an update on the Branch, It is currently being levelled From Bethania - Logan Village and just has to be levelled now just from logan Village - Beaudesert. Trainz89 has proudly been levelling it for me and I wish to thank him very much as he has been having a few computer issues.

Logan Village

Bethania Yard

Waterford

-Cheers

G, day Everyone,

Today I have finally received my new toy. The Blue Bomber also known as C17 #967 in her Beaudesert Rail livery. She is a beautiful loco and I wish to thank Michael [ Trainz89 ] For building her for me. I did a test run from Pimpama - Oxenford and then Back to Pimpama on the South Coast Line. She will be a great loco for me to run and take screenshots of on my 2nd route "Beaudesert Rail". So I hope you enjoy the screenshots.

The Blue Bomber also Known as C17 #967 approaches Coomerah.

Arriving at Oxenford.

Just before Pimpama on the nothern side, C17 #967 runs tender first towards Ormeau.

I hope you have all enjoyed. I will post some more screenshots soon.

-Cheers

Back