HOW TO

andrew1967

I have got build 53389 for trainz 2012 is this the latest or is there an update that iam missing as when i go into N3V games shop and try and download a class 47 NSE it says that i need a version of trainz but it does not say what one.When i look throw the service packs 3 my build number is not there "I am lost help me please"

Hello Friend.

Just stumbled over You Post, in a week it is already way down the line. Things happens fast around here :)

Q. Where have You bought Your TS12? Build 53389 is much higher than anything I have seen until now. My TS12 is now 49922 after 3 patches, way lower than Yours.

This may also explain why You have difficulty in downloading content as this may be for a much older version than Yours.

But first, where have You bought Your copy? Then we will take it from there. :)

Does Your copy work otherwise btw.?

ChrisD

Last edited:
Build 53389 is either a foreign regional copy, or the Steam version. Either way, there is certain content that will not work on it, including the Aerotrain.

Shane

It depends on what you're trying to get to work with it. The only thing I know that doesn't currently work with the Steam version is the Aerotrain addon.

Shane

is their a reason why it dont work or will i have to go out and get retail version"did not know this when i downloaded it"

If you're referring to the Aerotrain, it's because it will only work with TS2010 builds 49933/49938 or TS12 build 49922 which are the English retail versions, but a version for Steam may become available at some point.

Regarding the NSE Class 47, can you provide a link to the relevant page on the N3V Games shop, so I can check it?

Shane

Biggest confusion is instead of Railworks 3 they decided to call it Train Simulator 2012, named after the year. N3V had Trainz 2009, Trainz 2010, and then -

29281213.jpg

From what I read it's called Trainz 12 because it was the 12th version of Trainz.
People keep calling it "Trainz 2012" but that's not its name, and has nothing to do with the year 2012.

Back