Another track object: a trigger to blast the horn

ffccnn

This trigger works exactly as the driver command HornzExtended. However, you would have more control on the parameters with this new trigger. With the HornzExtended command the delays are set in the config file. With this trigger you would setup the delays on each instance on the map if you'd like to change the default values.

The configuration screen is here together with the model for the trigger:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The demo, of course, is here: http://youtu.be/IUJ_lG9V7lI

(still uploading)

Merry Christmas

José

Thank you for this. It will work great for crossings. And is it on the DLS yet?

PS: your video isn't working.

Thank you for this. It will work great for crossings. And is it on the DLS yet?

PS: your video isn't working.

Hi bnsf50,

The video finally went through: http://youtu.be/mMNrYwqqP4U

Both triggers are now uploaded, soon to be available:
HornzTrigger.cdp
Date Received: 26th Dec 2012, 03:18:51 (AEST)
Upload Mode: Standard
Waiting to be Processed.

BellTrigger.cdp
Date Received: 26th Dec 2012, 03:18:14 (AEST)
Upload Mode: Standard
Waiting to be Processed.

Had a look at the video, and Looking forward to trying these jose.

Thank you for continuing to developing these commands it really is appreciated :).

Cheers

Jimbo

Can't wait to try this out! I've been looking for something like this for years. Great job!

I see you were operating in cab mode in your video. Will it also work in AI mode?

This trigger is now directional. The direction is set in the configuration screen:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You decide the meaning of 'left direction' to whatever you like: north-south, up-bottom, forward-backward, white-black, etc.
'right-direction' would be the opposite of 'left direction'.
'both directions' is of course both left and right.
If left doesn't work for your intended use then change it to right.

I tested with 3 triggers, the first set to 'both', the 2nd set to 'left' and the 3rd set to 'right'. Then a train going forward will cause the horn to be ON-ON-OFF as it passes the 3 triggers. Now the train going bacward will cause the horn to be ON-OFF-ON.

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeHIHT4UeGk

Please let me know if this is the directional trigger some of you were thinking of. before I attempt to upload it.

Happy new year,

--José

Great idea for the directional feature. Does the rule allow for the adjustment of the horn blasts lengths? For example, long... long... short... long.

When will the directional triggers be uploaded?

quick update:

HornzTrigger
<KUID2:478639:100037:1>
Last Updated: 3rd Jan 2013
File Size: 16.27 kb
Downloaded: 0
TS2009

Available soon, currently unlisted
BellTrigger
<KUID2:478639:100036:2>
Last Updated: 1st Jan 2013
File Size: 16.17 kb
Downloaded: 86
TS2009

Available
TrainProductInfo
<KUID2:478639:1058:3>
Last Updated: 25th Dec 2012
File Size: 25.57 kb
Downloaded: 307
TS2009

Available
HornzExtended
<KUID:478639:100034>
Last Updated: 21st Dec 2012
File Size: 19.54 kb
Downloaded: 135
TS2010

Have a nice day

--José

Jose,

I'm getting these errors with the belltrigger using TS2010 native mode. Horztrigger seems to be just fine.

Error: belltrigger.gs(123) : function HasBell not declared in class Train or derivative, line 123.
Error: belltrigger.gs(125) : function SetBellState not declared in class Train or derivative, line 125.
Error: belltrigger.gs(127) : invalid if expression, line 127.
Error: belltrigger.gs(127) : function HasDitchlight not declared in class Train or derivative, line 127.
Error: belltrigger.gs(129) : function SetDitchlightState not declared in class Train or derivative, line 129.
Error: belltrigger.gs(131) : invalid if expression, line 131.
Error: belltrigger.gs(151) : function HasBell not declared in class Train or derivative, line 151.
Error: belltrigger.gs(153) : function SetBellState not declared in class Train or derivative, line 153.
Error: belltrigger.gs(155) : invalid if expression, line 155.
Error: belltrigger.gs(155) : function HasDitchlight not declared in class Train or derivative, line 155.
Error: belltrigger.gs(157) : function SetDitchlightState not declared in class Train or derivative, line 157.
Error: belltrigger.gs(159) : invalid if expression, line 159.

Last edited:
Hello Dricketts,

I rush to install TS2010 (wihout updates) just to see the game code and surprise, surprise! Those methods are new in TS12, so I am sorry this trigger can't be used with TS2010. There is a little hope however, apparently as Travlar mentioned in another thread, TS2010 may be sending a message to turn the ditchlights ON/OFF. I asked to send to me the relevant information.

--José

Back