Grahamsea's scripted signals displaying incorrect aspect

justinroth

I am having trouble with his NYC P&LE trilight signals. Is he still around the forums? Anyone else using or have used these signals? They are great accept that they show green over red when an approach aspect should be displayed. However, moving the cursor over the signal indicates "one block clear". Seems to be a script error? When I edit the signal properties, clicking "auto select distant signal" will cause it to display correct approach aspect for a moment, however this is not correct as I do not need a home/distant scenario and it reverts back to incorrect aspect in driver. Do I need to set distant/home for every signal? i.e sig. A is distant to B which is home, but B is distant to C which is home..ect...ect

ect..this doesn't seem logical

Is this occurring on a home (interlocking) signal or a distant? I use these and his NORAC CLs extensively and have not had problems; the only bugginess I know of concern end-of-siding situations and AFAIK those only affect the position-light signals. I also know that mis-setting switch positions with home signals can really mess things up.

You do need to set a distant signal for every route unless a route is unsignalled (or signalled only in the opposite direction.) GrahamSea signals do properly handle combo signal aspects, such as medium approach medium.

it was occurring on distant signals, I tried naming them and then setting distant/home for each, kind of like a chain. I was used to JR signals automatically recognizing the next signal and knocking down preceding signals accordingly. They are awesome though! only wish they had.the distant visible corona effect of JR signals, and occasionally I get script errors. thanks much my good sir!

it was occurring on distant signals, I tried naming them and then setting distant/home for each, kind of like a chain. I was used to JR signals automatically recognizing the next signal and knocking down preceding signals accordingly. They are awesome though! only wish they had.the distant visible corona effect of JR signals, and occasionally I get script errors. thanks much my good sir!

Let me look into this. I use these signals and am developing my own which are functionally similar and hopefully improved (and which will be on the DLS!) I've pretty well figured out the techniques use to implement good signals in Trainz and it's mostly now up to testing them and automating their configuration. That said, I can give you a copy of my SEPTA route and session that shows correct implementation of the signals.

Here ya go.

https://hotfile.com/dl/184734162/6be701f/R-153-SignalDemo.zip.html

You don't have to download any content if you don't want to, but I built the route to use all-DLS content aside from the signals (and I'm working on scripted signals of my own, so maybe we'll have scripted signals on the DLS eventually.) This will put you in front of a distant signal in advance of an interlocking signal set ad medium-approach-medium taking the right-hand route. If you take the far-most left route, you should see a limited clear. The left-middle route will give you a restricting as it's signalled the other way (Rule 251). And, of course, the middle-right route is the normal route although it's also Rule 251 south of the interlocking.

RRSignal, are these signals going to require naming and setting up each individual signal like the current grahamsea ones? I would like to use the PRR and NYC signals on a route I am playing with, but setting up each individual signal on a 4-track UMR route makes things very time consuming.

Back