Ben Neal / Subpar Productions

Got it, and it seems to have a problem.

No chugging sound.

I traced it to the invisible bogie, so I re-installed the original invisible bogie from Neal. That got the sound back, but it was double speed (8 chugs per driver revolution) so I checked and it's animation distance was 2.something, so I cloned it and changed that to the same number as the visible drivers (5.something) and the sounds then coordinated correctly.

In the end, I just pulled your engine spec and used it with my version of the 4-4-0, replaced the invisible bogie with my own mod of Ben's original, removed the script references, and changed the cab to Big Steam which works well since the model has headout views already.

I want to refine the cylinder cocks steam effect yet... looks too much like little clouds shooting out of the cylinders :D

Anyway, you might want to double check and update yours.

Got it, and it seems to have a problem.

No chugging sound.

I traced it to the invisible bogie, so I re-installed the original invisible bogie from Neal. That got the sound back, but it was double speed (8 chugs per driver revolution) so I checked and it's animation distance was 2.something, so I cloned it and changed that to the same number as the visible drivers (5.something) and the sounds then coordinated correctly.

In the end, I just pulled your engine spec and used it with my version of the 4-4-0, replaced the invisible bogie with my own mod of Ben's original, removed the script references, and changed the cab to Big Steam which works well since the model has headout views already.

I want to refine the cylinder cocks steam effect yet... looks too much like little clouds shooting out of the cylinders :D

Anyway, you might want to double check and update yours.

Hi frogpipe,

The only problem arose from me not uploading the modified drive bogey. All that is required is to insert a "direct-drive 1" tag under the "anim-dist" tag in the main drive bogey. The original invisible bogey will probably give an error "texture black.texture not found"

Cheers,
Bill69

I fixed that texture error long ago.

The only problem arose from...

What problem would that be? I don't think I encountered it...

EDIT: Looked up that tag. Are you saying that the fact that the main drive bogies NOT having the direct-drive 1 entry caused it to be silent?

Last edited:
I fixed that texture error long ago.

What problem would that be? I don't think I encountered it...

EDIT: Looked up that tag. Are you saying that the fact that the main drive bogies NOT having the direct-drive 1 entry caused it to be silent?

Yes the missing direct-drive tag is what caused it to be silent. I forgot I had modified the main bogey, I should have cloned it and uploaded it with the other parts.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi frogpipe,

I have uploaded a new version of Ben's Baldwin Modern 4-4-0 and the cloned main drive bogey, with the direct-drive 1 tag. No editing should be required with the new version.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back