Graphics glitch

Okay, new info on this - I am senile but not that senile, the problem in the original post WAS something new, not just a faulty memory of how it used to be.

67149867.jpg

That's supposed to be seaweed in Silent Hunter IV, and the problem was the alphas were blocky shapes until the view gets really close.

12381957.jpg

While troubleshooting that I reset several options in the Nvidia control panel that had somehow changed, that antialiasing transparency was one of the settings that was not the way I originally had it set.

14910280.jpg

That's what the bottom of a shallow harbor is supposed to look like, the antialiasing transparency somehow screws that up.

The end result, after testing the same route and session in TS2010 and making the same jumps, the results are back to the way I remembered them - no more 15-20 seconds to load and focus, now it's back to more like 1 or 2 seconds.

Conclusion, if you're having longer loading delays or texture blurring than before, check your video control panel settings. In my case the best setting is max quality rather than performance, since the video card is better than the CPU.

Glad that you got it sorted Jim. So many things to check, so little time. Re: The GT430. I have one in my backup computer and it runs TR12 just fine. I have experienced a little lag on some of the more intense routes, but overall it does a good job and is probably underrated.

It ain't the greatest, but when the 8500GT quit working the GT430 was all I could afford. Worst trouble is the 1953 system in my head is worn out, I see a glitch like this one and say "huh, I don't remember it being like THAT!" Then I gotta screw around trying to confirm if the problem is new or I just never noticed it before, or am remembering some other game or something. In this case it was the settings, sometimes it's just alzheimers.

261429_388239731262213_1617520435_n.jpg

No, that will have to wait for summer, we're in the middle of 25 to 35 below zero wind chill warnings which lead to $300 to $400 buck heating bills right now. Summer in central Wisconsin is great, I don't even own an air conditioner, but wintertime sucks.

Back