How Do I Join Multiplayer Games?

Andrewf0e

How do I join a multiplayer game? I have Majove and ECML Darlington installed. It just keeps starting a new session but I want to join an existing one :/

There are 4-5 multiplayer session for the Mojave in the download station (DS) , try download them all... check that all assets & content updates have installed ..

There are 4-5 multiplayer session for the Mojave in the download station (DS) , try download them all... check that all assets & content updates have installed ..
I've got 2 installed but now it just says Trainz chat is offline, and it wont seem to connect. I guess it's down or something?

It can be slightly complicated depending on how lucky you are. The good news is there are a lot of people out there who have gone through the painful process and are willing to talk you through each step you have to do. OK, you have TS12. thats a good start and you have registered it. thats the 2nd step completed. Not that hard is it? lol. On the launchpad the build number should be 49922. Finally you should have a FST. (First class ticket). Now the sessions you should be looking to join will have to be downloaded. First ,mine is Port Ogden TS12 MP v1b. I,m not hosting at the moment I,m in Montana Rail Link. The two sessions you should download are UMR 2013 SUMMER MULTIPLAYER SESSION ver 2.4 by Lewis and Montana Rail Link 12 MP SEssion v2.3. These are the "must have" sessions. Dragging the session to the download box is all you need do as the route should be added automatically. I,m in Montana Rail Link at the moment as Jib is running a week long session so that would be a good place to start. UMR Summer is my favourite and is a 24/7 session and over a 24 hour period is the most popular session. Both are huge maps with Interactive industries although UMR has far more. They are both "end to end" routes unlike mine which is basically circular, and it will take you in the region of 3 hours or more to drive from end to end at line speed. But that,s enough of that. You must get in the session first. When you have downloaded the session You will probably find Montana has missing dependencies and possibly UMR as well. Your best bet is to try and join the session. If you can,t in CM select the route and click on it and select "Find dependencies". If there are any missing simply click on the tab at the bottom "view in content manager" or something. Then scroll down and drag all missing dependencies to the download helper. When finished recheck for missing dependencies. Then do the same with the session. If you still can,t join do an extended data base repair. And if you still can,t join you probably have locally modified assets. More of that later if the worse comes to the worst but easily fixed. I almost forgot. You need Teamspeak 3 for UMR SUMMER and Montana Rail Link but different channels. I have a chat room for my session in the UMR session. One final thought. All 3 sessions mentioned have threads on the first page of this forum to keep you up to date with events as they unfold. I could add a lot more but this is enough to get you started. If you want to talk to me directly I,ll be in the Montana TS Channel. Montana Teamspeak is 108.91.138.12 and UMR is 66.45.231.18

Last edited:
Thanks Colourlight. Do I HAVE to use Teamspeak though? Also the chat on Trainz wont seem to connect.. It was working before?

Update.Planet Auran is down at the moment so no ichat and nobody can join or start a multiplayer session. Teamspeak is optional in my session. In Montana Rail Link it is optional but strongly reccommended. UMR you are supposed to have it to get the password but there are players in the session that don,t use it. And because of the current problems with Planet Auran Jib is considering closing his session.

Montana Rail link update. Version 2.4 has been uploaded and although it is not on the DLS at the moment downloading 2.3, even if you already have it installed will automatically update the session to 2.4. Also, you will have to download the route seperately in the same way. Shadow is compiling alist of Locations, their industries, which commodity they handle and whether it is loaded or unloaded. Multiplayer and ichat are still screwed up.

Disappointed so far. I bought the game to go on multiplayer and I must say it seems so badly designed :( it hasn't worked once yet with all the messing about! It's still down too for anybody wondering :(

Dont base your opinion on less then 24 hours.
Make up your mind once it has worked.

Just to be sure: Did you check if you have build 49922?

Last edited:
Trainz sometimes not work if you have installed the game in :/C/Program Files. It didnt work for me in program files. Try reinstall it in :C/Auran/Ts12

Metrafan1, make sure you are patched up to build number 49922. Don't know your build? Launch Trainz and look at the bottom right corner for a 5-digit number beginning with 4. If your build version is not at 49922, go here and search for the appropriate patch for your build. You may need to patch twice - once to 48249, and then again to 49922. If your build number does not appear on that page (i.e. 47103 for Steam users), that means no patches are available for your game; content with higher build numbers (3.6 and above) will not work in your game, and you will not be able to host or join a multiplayer session. If you still want to play multiplayer, your best option is to purchase another copy of the game from Auran's shop, which will receive full support from Auran and the forum community.

When you patch your game, do NOT interrupt the process by clicking Cancel, shutting down your computer, etc. Let the patch run to completion. The patching process may conclude with a database rebuild. Wait for that to complete. Then open Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), go to "Processes", and sort by name. Scroll down to processes starting with 'T' and look for 'TADDaemon.exe' or 'TADDaemon.exe*32'. When you no longer see that process, it is safe to turn off your computer.

Good luck, and happy Trainzing!

Back