Videos and Screenshots of The Metro Fictional Route (Hi Res)

Just as a by the way, to get the double track to have the third rail on the outside, either the component tracks need to run in opposite directions relative to each other, or the third rail needs to be hard-coded into the alias mesh. Also, since you say this is open-source, where are you hosting the source (modifiable) meshes?

"Open source" as in free to make derivative works, the original meshes were Auran's. IIRC the double track bridge does have the track attachments running opposite directions, that should be in the config. The main problem is the triple track - a bug in TS2010 won't allow more than two tracks per bridge for any build later than 2.8, so whenever N3V decides to obsolete 2.8 no longer allowing uploads of anything earlier than 2.9, that means no more triple track bridges for 2010. They fixed the bug for TS12, but a TS12 triple track bridge won't do any good for TS2010.

No updates, should be error free in 2010 and 12 if all dependencies are there. The whole package;

CTA ELEVATED TRACK,<kuid:522774:100073>
CTA ELEVATED TRACK XP5,<kuid:522774:100389>
cta Station_Metro_Single,<kuid:522774:100004>
CTA 2 Elevated_Railway_Support,<kuid:522774:100074>
CTA_Girder_Bridge_1_3m,<kuid:522774:100066>

They were just warnings but when I downloaded your CTA route it all went away. Nice job on the CTA Route. I do not know much about that transit system (out side of seeing it on T.V. shows, movies, and the internet) but it looks like a very well done representation.

Open source, so anyone who thinks they can improve on what I uploaded feel free to clone, modify, and upload under your own KUID. If there's a way to attach a third rail I would suggest do it on one side of the single track in a way that puts them on the outside of the double track bridge, then at each station use single track sections with the third rails toward the center.

I have been thinking a lot about a spline containing your CTA_Girder_Bridge_1_3m, TheRack's brown 3rd rail, and the viaduct fence; with altered colors / textures to mimic NYCTA type elevated rail. I'm not versed with 3dmax, or any programs like it, so I would not know where to begin on creating a spline like this. My skills are in coding objects in "C" type languages, but I can find and ask a 3dmax pro while seeking permissions from the other authors.

I like those pictures. I see a slight resemblance between this section of CTA line and a section of the NYCTA's Brighton Beach Line that runs through Gravesend, Brooklyn. Like this section of CTA; the Brighton Beach Line was once a railroad but it did not take 65 years to implement the subways on the actual rail line.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Back