LIRR SYSTEM ROUTE W/ DEM !!

Ok, a while back i began my LIRR Route. So far i Only have Jamacia to Carle Place ( Mainline) W/ Leads to Other Branches. I have some pictures to share
JAMACIA
JAMACIA.jpg

HILLSIDE
HILLSIDEMAINTENCE.jpg

HOLLIS
HOLLIS.jpg

QUEENSVILLAGE
QUEENSVILLAGE.jpg

BELLEROSE
BELLEROSE.jpg

FLORAL PARK
FLORALPARK.jpg

NEW HYDE PARK
NEWHYDEPARK.jpg

MERLLION AVE
MERILLONAV.jpg

That LIRR route looks great so far. Just one question, will you be adding over running third rails for the main line? I know I have asked this question many times before but how did you get the light blue and red lines in the surveyor. I use transdem also to generate DEM's from the seamless server but when I export my DEM's to trainz, they don't have any of those colors, just the elevation in surveyor. Usually, I would have to create and edit basemaps with paint.net. I use Google Earth for working with basemaps but that get's annoying doing them one by one. I know you can use UTM tiles in Transdem but from what I have seen, I like the blue and red lines better.

I am basically finished with Jamacia West Yard Here are some pics. Also i need a vote of where i should build next...
1.Finish Mainline To ronkonkama
2.Finish Mainline to Long Island City
3.Montauk branch to Long Beach Or Far Rockaway
Atlantic Terminal Branch to Flatbush Ave

BOLANDS LANDING
BOLANDSLANDING.jpg

LIRR OVER PASS WIP
LIRROVERPASSWIP.jpg

HEADING ON TO LOWER MONTAUK BRANCH
LOWERMONTAUK.jpg

LOOKING WESTWARD OUT OF JAMACIA
JAMACIALOOKINGWEST.jpg

LOOKING EASTWARD ON THE MAINLINE WEST OF JAMACIA
MAINLINE.jpg

WHOLE YARD BASICALLY FINISHED
WHOLEYARDWSTATION.jpg

GOODNIGHT

Real railroads have track that is not perfect ... in fact much US track is totally screwy leads, dips, ups, & downs.

These track end curve spline points need just a hair, tweek to the left ... and they would have perfect easements ... instead they have a compund negitive radius, then a positive radius, a whoop dee doo swervy.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u469/tuangalimore/LIRR ROUTE/LIRROVERPASSWIP.jpg

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u469/tuangalimore/LIRR ROUTE/JAMACIALOOKINGWEST.jpg

Sorry I am a nitpicker ... but I am a trackman (in Trainz).

Otherwise the route looks absolutly fantastic !

Haven't seen anything from you in a while Cascade- dropped off the face of the earth?;)

I was once a casual rider of the LIRR when I lived in Brooklyn so I'm voting for "3.Montauk branch to Long Beach Or Far Rockaway
Atlantic Terminal Branch to Flatbush Ave". This is looking very good; congrats and thanks.

Ok well i spent this whole time making custom objects for my Lirr Staions...
Here is the New Westbury Station
WESTBURY.jpg

Next I will redo Hicksville With my custom Platforms and Station Ware.

If i can make them into splines. I don't wanna make myself seem like a newby unless i can get my objects to work exactly how i want. Which is as a spline and nobody is really helping out soo as of now i can only say no.

SEE whenever i try to make it into a spline it comes out like this... SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE
problem.jpg

heres the config i used for it

type "Roads"
region "USA"
kind "track"
length 6
grounded 0
istrack 0
width 4.8
bendy 1
isroad 1
carrate 0
trainz-build 2

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "lirr_platform_island.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

obsolete-table
{
}
category-region-0 "US"
category-era-0 "2000s"
asset-filename "Lirr Platform Island"
category-class "SR"
kuid <kuid:313505:500002>
description "Platform for LIRR Stations"
username "Lirr Platform Island"
author "Tuan Galimore"
organisation "Trainz Commuter Rail"
contact-email "http://trainzcommuterrail.co.cc/"
contact-website
license "Free. May be used as you see fit, including modifications and reskins. Please ask first if you intend to release any modified versions of this asset."

kuid-table
{
}

Last edited:
Ok, done with Jamacia To Valley Stream canopy's now 2moro i will attempt the station buildings. Here are Some Pictures...

Laurleton
LAURELTON.jpg

Rosedale
ROSEDALE.jpg

Valley Stream
VALLEYSTREAM.jpg

GOOD NIGHT, HAVE A GOOD WEEK !!!

Looks good so far. Just thought I point out, the third rails on your route are incorrect. Those are under running volts for the Metro North Railroad. The LIRR uses over running third rails that look just like the third rails on the MTA subway.

If i can make them into splines. I don't wanna make myself seem like a newby unless i can get my objects to work exactly how i want. Which is as a spline and nobody is really helping out soo as of now i can only say no.

SEE whenever i try to make it into a spline it comes out like this... SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE
problem.jpg

heres the config i used for it

type "Roads"
region "USA"
kind "track"
length 6
grounded 0
istrack 0
width 4.8
bendy 1
isroad 1
carrate 0
trainz-build 2

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "lirr_platform_island.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

obsolete-table
{
}
category-region-0 "US"
category-era-0 "2000s"
asset-filename "Lirr Platform Island"
category-class "SR"
kuid <kuid:313505:500002>
description "Platform for LIRR Stations"
username "Lirr Platform Island"
author "Tuan Galimore"
organisation "Trainz Commuter Rail"
contact-email "http://trainzcommuterrail.co.cc/"
contact-website
license "Free. May be used as you see fit, including modifications and reskins. Please ask first if you intend to release any modified versions of this asset."

kuid-table
{
}

Try rotating the mesh and switching the length and width. Also, if you plan on making stations with sharper curves, you should try making the mesh a bit shorter.

Try rotating the mesh and switching the length and width. Also, if you plan on making stations with sharper curves, you should try making the mesh a bit shorter.
ok i tried that and now it came out like this.

tuangalimoreamtrak19_20120625_0001.jpg

PS: I did not change the length in my config to match the sketchup one. I just changed a few things around in the config that my friend gave me that he used for his. I dont know how to figure out the length and width in google sketch up so i never changed that park from 4.8 and 6

Ok i figured out how to measure my object in sketch up... Even after i did that this is how it came out
tuangalimoreamtrak19_20120625_0002.jpg

So what should i do now... Make the object shorter in sketchup ?

Back