Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

When they left they were heroes with flags and bands and pretty girls. They fought hard and protected their men as best they could. Now they're scrap.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
That Daylight is beautiful! A brand new full set of SP Daylight equipment is a very welcome addition to the Trainz library. Does 4412 have it's long-bell steamboat whistle?

Yes, all the Daylight GS-2s have Hancock 3 chime whistles, like the one currently on 4449, everything else has a SP 6 chime that would have been used on the engines after they where removed from the Daylight passenger trains and assigned to general service.

Do you mind the fact that there were P-10 4-6-2 Pacifics and A6 Atlantic 4-4-2's assigned to the Daylight service? (The locos in question are on the DLS,)

No I don't mind, the engines painted in the Daylight paint scheme looked pretty good overall. I can't say the same about some model train companies like Lionel putting a AC-9 and AC-12 in daylight paint but that's a different story.

The A6 Altantics where assigned to the Sacremento Daylight, and the Pacifics where kind of all over the place really. The one I'm interested in doing in the future is the Sunbeam. I have other SP engines on my projects list to finish first though.

I looked the Sunbeam up, the engine is a 4-6-2 Pacific built in the same style of streamlining as the other Daylights. Unlike the Daylight P-10's, the Sunbeam had an all-weather cab and was fully shrouded, like 4449.

Looks like the Daylight version of the SP P-10 Pacific I have, but the front is fully shrouded; it has the pilot and smokebox front of a GS-2.

This new 2-8-2 iron horse has emerged out of the paint shop and is later seen hauling a string of empty coal cars out on the double track mainline.

Is that Mikado a repaint of the new 2-8-2 available at the Backshops?

no, this is a personal reskin, I am trying to follow the EULA agreement ,I am not trying to anger the people who worked hard on the engine and tender among other things
and risk getting in trouble.

A wreck on the N&W mainline just east of Portsmouth has the Powhatan Arrow running over the L&A's Ohio River mainline. Dispatch has made room and the crew is not wasting any time trying to get back on schedule.

7bv9Crx.jpg

RSnjcWx.jpg

gEHJnY0.jpg

40G71LZ.jpg

2H5v4Zl.jpg

Dave

no, this is a personal reskin, I am trying to follow the EULA agreement ,I am not trying to anger the people who worked hard on the engine and tender among other things
and risk getting in trouble.

Lol its all good dude. Skin away, as stated in the license, personal skins are fine.

at the Waycross steam Shop, a 2-8-2 Mikado runs light past both a burly Northern which has just been fired up not too long ago which is waiting for it's assignment and a pair of hoppers which has been tagged with a bad order card and is awaiting truck replacements because the old ones have hotbox issues and the FRA would have a fit should any derailments develop.

Last edited:
Back