Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Back in 2011 when I first got into trainz everyone and their brother was bad mouthing TS12 and this route.

Just look at her now! I said then, "If you don't like it, fix it". It has taken awhile but it is getting close, very close. Frame rates rarely dropped below 35, there was occasional shuddering, but I believe this was due to the procedural track. If you look at some of the screenies above you can (or more accruately can't) see the missing rails. The AIs still don't execute perfectly but with the more advanced tools in TANE I think that can be addressed.

Thanks to gawpo50, N3V, and mcguirel! (life is good)

Last edited:
normhart,

those are some gorgeous screenshots. I honestly don't understand the hatred of his routes and the H8 he made. I don't have his H8 Allegheny, but from screenshots I've seen, it looks really good.

normhart,

those are some gorgeous screenshots. I honestly don't understand the hatred of his routes and the H8 he made. I don't have his H8 Allegheny, but from screenshots I've seen, it looks really good.

As "The Box" sez, "Crities gotta neg."

@Normhart, interesting read. I apologize if I missed it somewhere, but what's your Rigs stats? For comparison sake?

After that, a couple of those shots, particularly 3rd from the bottom a few posts up where the 2 A-Class are further away from a meet, thats an incredible Shot. Just wish the Head Lamps had been on and I would nominate it for a photo of the week competition.

@Others;
After that, This is a Photo Thread, not a "Lament other people" thread. That said, FWIW, Gawpo50 was a personality on here, like many of the other people here and had his own foibles and quirks. He's done what he has and made his choices. You don't have to like what he did anymore then you have to hate it. But he should be respected in that at least hes done something for the community, which is more then many here can say.

-Falcus

Asus G 10 (No overclocking)
CPU i7-4790 3.6Mhz
RAM DDR3 16GB
Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 4GB DDR5 Driver 361.43 (this has changed but I'm too lazy to look up the current one)
OS Win 10

TANE settings:
Full Screen - 1920 x 1080 : 60 Hz
Vertical Sync - Full
Shadow Quality - High
Main shadow res. - 4096
Tex. Detail - Normal
Post Proc. - High
Water Quality - High
Antialasing - 4x
Detail Update Rate - High
Use Mult - check
Use Tex stream - check
Process objects - check
Draw Dist - 8000m
Scenery Detail - Ultra
Tree Detail - Normal

I always blow off the headlights until I realize I wanted them for a screenie. The first meet is 2 H8s the second meet is an A-Class on the right and an H8 on the left. Edit: D'oh got sessions confused not H8s Y6Bs D'oh!

Last edited:
Well from what I've seen of gawpo's posts, they seemed very inflammatory and negative. I did really enjoy the way his locos looked, possibly even on par with K&L in terms of looks. Just a shame he wasn't to friendly.
He was always nice to me. I even asked a gimme pig question and he was nice about it.

so many treeeeeeeeeees

6a3cc4297240e4dbb5909f27de002211.jpg

You could do up a N&W 0-8-0 skin off of Ben Neal's...and there's always that old J class atlantic. :)

Darn, while your suggestion has some merit, N&W had quite a few 0-8-0s, they didn't have Ben's Lima. C&O did though! C&O C-14 0-8-0 #s 70-79 (I've found one picture of a #61 which isn't in any roster I have access to) Limas. What N&W had were the C&O C-16 Baldwins that they bought from C&O (N&W S1) and their own build (N&W S1a) based on the USRA/C&O design but both with a very distinctive N&W tender modification. Still better than nothing and much better than the UP 0-6-0 gawpo50 tucked into one of the roundhouses. :D

Edit: Hum while I've found one picture of a C&O 0-8-0 with the same tender as Ben's many were modified in several different ways to increase coal cap.

Last edited:
Back