Attention N3V - Possible issues in one of your core script files-version: TS2009 SP4

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Attention N3V - Possible issues in one of your core script files-version: TS2009 SP4+

It has come to my attention (as well as me doing some research on it) that the following script file may be causing issues with passenger handling at stations.

This is GenericPassengerStation.

I believe that certain (possibly commented-out) code in this script file, or one of it's related files (in the Scripts folder) is causing issues with the game, and am willing to perform tests if needed to verify this.

The issues regarding passenger station loading issues are well known in the forums, and there are quite a few threads about it.

Versions of Trainz from TS2009 SP4 onwards (although I do not know about Trainz Mac) are likely to be affected, and I have had reports from TS2010 and TS12 users regarding loading issues with stations that inherit this script.

Can this be looked into and a patch released if necessary, as it is becoming a major problem for some users, and other users may not yet have noticed the issue as it mainly affects AI.

I can provide links to threads mentioning the issues if needed.

Shane

EDIT: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...k-s-New-Platforms-Loading-Problems-Workaround also covers this issue.

Last edited:
Shane,

Also create a helpdesk SR. Zec and the other guys will pick this up faster. I did this with the merge problem and Zec contacted me immediately.

John

Hi John,

Thankyou for your response. I will get straight onto that.

Shane

P.S. Which department do you think is best for the ticket, as it affects TS2009 SP4,TS2010, and TS12?

Last edited:
Shane,

I would address this with your current version, but mention in your ticket details what you've been told and what you have found. Zec will most likely have you repeat some actions and report your results again so they can confirm the bug exists.
You need to be as detailed as possible, even supplying screen captures, code examples, etc., is extremely useful for these guys to solve the problem.

John

Shane: I can confirm your observations. Oddly, more so with TS12 than TS10 although I currently use TS10 as a repository for content, not running routes.

If that does become the case, I will be asking for further assistance from affected forum members as well as using my own experiences. I will also be posting some links to forum threads I know contain details of the problem, including this one.

Shane

I have now posted a trouble ticket on behalf of all affected members as well as myself, and would appreciate that affected members contact me if they have details that may help with solving the problem.

Shane

I've noticed that when loading/unloading at AJS stations, the door-open and door-close sound scripts are suppressed. I have not tested this yet with bloodnok's platforms.

Thank you everyone, for your concern and interest in getting this issue sorted and bringing it to our attention. We've gathered all the data you've compiled and this bug is now with our internal QA team.

We'd like to thank all of you for your dedication in getting this sorted and wish to ask for your patience while we sort out this issue. Further updates on this topic will be post on the forums when we have them.

Kris

Thankyou for your response Kris.

The thread mentioned in the original post on this thread also contains useful information relating to this bug.

Shane

Has a solution been found? My trainz route is becoming unbearable trainz dont load 75% of the time and its rising each time i extend my route :(

Hi edmundhobbs,

If you are referring to the issue relating to trains not loading at stations the issue is still ongoing.

Shane

I am currently in discussion with N3V about the issue, and the issue has been passed to N3V's QA team. There are several users awaiting an outcome for the issue as well.

Shane

Kris,
Shane,

I presume that when a response comes back from Auran, it will be posted in THIS forum. Is that so? (Otherwise it would be easy to miss, as a number of different keywords might appear on an answer if it were to be posted elsewhere).

Peter.

Back