Closing LFTP

captainkman

You are reading this.
Hi,

I will be closing Left For Titfield Productions. The reason of the closure is that the website is getting out-of-hand, as I have too many missing downloads, and the site is not organised. Also, I think the name was driving people away from the content I have uploaded. The three letters before "field" were driving people away, although it is from a harmless British commedy about trains.

The good news is that I will start a new website. I am thinking of a name for it, and have been thinking about "Matchbox Loco Works", as my Matchbox loco will go on the new site.

The new site will host the old content, as well as some new routes and sessions I have made, and links to my tutorials, especially my YouTube ones, and a new tutorial on reskinning my Matchbox loco.

I'll keep the old site up with the intact download links while I make the new website. I'll announce the new website once it has most of the old content uploaded.

I'll welcome suggestions on how to make the new site better than the old one too.

Kieran.

P.S. Click on Herbie before it's too late! (Look at my signature if you don't understand the joke)

Last edited:
You posted 2 hours 54 minutes ago, yet you say to click on Herbie before you close it. Shouldn't you have left the link there a bit longer, especially since you only posted this 3 hours ago?

Oh, I would possibly use caution using the name Matchbox - for possible trade mark issues.

Nothing wrong using Titfield Productions (if the movie company didn't trade mark the name)

What country are you downloads mostly on?

I just found your LFTP site, and you don't really need a .au for a hotmail email address.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I never bothered to visit your Titfield Productions site because I thought it was offering content specific to the film from which it takes its name (and which doesn't interest me from a Trainz perspective). Certainly nothing to do with body parts at all.

@Red_Rattler:

I will keep the site open until I have creaed the new one, and Herbie is my link. Well, he WAS my link. I think I might have accidentally touched Herbie when I edited my signature, but I'll fix that. Whoops.

I've been thinking about the .au, and I'll see if there is a way to remove it.

My downloads are mostly from the UK, with some American hornsounds thrown in there.

And an alternate name might have Crewe in it, would that be alright? I don't think anyone making Trainz content uses Crewe either, although please tell me if I'm wrong!

@pfx:

The only movie-related content is currently the Pierce & Crump bus. The site mainly has novelty content, like Herbie, the truck from Duel, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and lots of Volkswagen Beetles. Mainly stuff I'm interested in. And I have permission to make the reskins and modifications that I have made.

It was going to host the Titfied - Mallingford route, but the route isn't complete yet. Also planned is Harry Hawkin's steam roller.

Kieran.

Hi,

I've fixed Herbie now. I'll start making the new site, and I'm going to start from scratch, as I don't like the name of the old site. (it's awkward saying it among friends and teachers)

Kieran.

Last edited:
The Titfield Thunderbolt is a great film, maybe one of the best railway films ever made. Unusually for its time (1953) it presented a wholly sympathetic portrayal of the impact of railway closures on local communities. Fully ten years before Beeching. No doubt Titfield was an innocent enough word in 1953 (well, maybe). Though I can appreciate how views of it may have changed in the liberated, anything goes, titillating times of the 1960s nd 70as.

Paul

I agree Paul. I'd change the name of my existing site, but the free version of Jimdo doesn't allow you to change the URL of the website. If I could change the name and URL, I wouldn't be starting a new website.

And it looks like the movie has been taken down from YouTube. Once in 10 or so parts, and once as the full movie. Luckily, I donwloaded it and have it on my computer until I can buy a DVD off eBay.

EDIT: I have done a reskin of Gladstone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvvESEVKcHA

Last edited:
Back