MP and Dependencies

Frosties

Hello,

Im working on a small railroad that me and my friends can play on.

But im wondering one thing:
If i put in something on the map that needs to be downloaded from DLS, do i need to tell them manually or will they dependencies show up when they go to my route?

Im a newbie at this MP part..

As long as the dependencies are on the DLS, Content Manager should download them automatically when someone downloads the route. If you include assets that are not on the DLS, either see if you can upload them to the DLS with permission of the owner or include links in a ReadMe.txt file. If your route does include non-DLS assets, I dont think it can be a MP route but Im not sure.

Okey, where does the readme file gets located when downloaded from DLS then? So they can find it?
Looking for instruction for a DLS content ive downloaded. It says "read the PDF for instructions" but i cannot find it.

Usually you have to open the asset for edit to view documentation. After this is viewed the asset needs to be reverted.

Also routes and sessions containing assets from third party sites cannot be used for Multiplayer.

Shane

Also routes and sessions containing assets from third party sites cannot be used for Multiplayer.

What does this mean exactly? Isnt the users that make content to DLS third party?

If so i cannot use anything other then the built-in content to make multiplayer maps? Or im i just confused now... :D

Back